- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 10 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Tobin_Armbrust. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tobin_Armbrust, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tobin_Armbrust.
|Residence||Beverly Hills, California, United States|
|Education||University of California, Santa Barbara Template:Small|
|Notable work(s)||Rush, End of Watch, The Woman in Black|
Tobin Armbrust (born 1971/72) is an American film producer who works for Exclusive Media, a film production and distribution company. The films he has produced include Firewall (2006), Let Me In (2010), The Woman in Black (2012), End of Watch (2012), Rush (2013), Begin Again (2013), and Dark Places (2014).
After completing a bachelors degree in political science at the University of California, Santa Barbara, Armbrust entered a career in the film industry by working as a head of acquisitions at several distribution companies, including the French Canal+ Group and the Japanese Pony Canyon. He then worked at Intermedia for seven years as Vice President of business development and of production; he was also a producer for Warner Bros., where he oversaw the development of over 30 films and served as a co-producer of the 2006 thriller film Firewall. He also ran Thunder Road Pictures with Basil Iwanyk until March 2006, when he was hired by Spitfire Pictures as a co-head of production.
In 2008, he joined Exclusive Media, a British film production and distribution company founded the same year by Guy East and Nigel Sinclair, with whom Armbrust had worked at Intermedia. The first films whose production he oversaw at Exclusive Media were The Woman in Black and End of Watch, both of which were released in 2012 to financial success, followed by the 2013 releases Parkland and Rush, which performed poorly at the North American box office. As a producer of the 2010 film Let Me In, he and the film's other producers received a nomination for Best Feature at the Gotham Independent Film Awards. With Exclusive Media, he also produced Begin Again (2013), The Quiet Ones (2014), A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014), and Dark Places (2014). As of 2014, Armbrust serves as the Exclusive Media's President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions.
- McClintock, Pamela (November 10, 2013). "Exclusive Media Exec Tobin Armbrust on Art vs. Science of Indie Filmmaking (Q&A)". The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/media-exec-tobin-armbrust-art-654950. Retrieved October 3, 2014.
- "About the Cast". http://projectc.net/rush_movie/assets/RUSH_cast-crew.pdf. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- "Executive Profile: Tobin Armbrust". Bloomberg Businessweek. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=182125725&privcapId=34336831. Retrieved October 3, 2014.
- "The 20th Anniversary Gotham Independent Film Awards". Filmmaker Magazine. Winter 2011. https://www.questia.com/read/1P3-2679554211/the-20th-anniversary-gotham-independent-film-awards. Retrieved November 9, 2014.