Ace & Son
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 17 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ace_&_Son. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ace_&_Son, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ace_&_Son.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (May 2019)
Ace & Son Moving Picture Co. LLC is a design and animation production company in New York City. The company's work has a wide range of looks and animation styles, utilizing computer graphics, puppets, stop motion and a diverse selection of illustration.
After several years of working for R. O. Blechman at The Ink Tank, Richard O'Connor as producer and Brian O'Connell as executive producer/co-creative director, they founded Asterisk Animation, LLC, in 2003. They dissolved the company in 2011, Brian O'Connell forming Asteroid Media, Inc., and Richard O'Connor forming Ace & Son Moving Picture Co., LLC.
In 2011, the firm worked with documentarian Gail Levin to develop packing for PBS' Fall Festival. They produced a suite of signal films for the Ottawa International Animation Festival, a series of commercials for Web.com, title design for A New York Fairy Tale, and the short film Sympathy for the Fish: A Holiday Story.
2012 productions include animation for Katy Chevigny's The Honor Code, which premiered at the TriBeCa Film Festival, video installations for the New York Book Expo, 1787 -a short film on the drafting of the American Constitution for TEDed, graphics for Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay, editorial/graphics for The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, The Hamptons Film Festival, The Chase Community Giving Awards, The Intelligent Channel and animation packages for Unilever and Canongate Publishing.
The 2012 short film Christmas Day features music by The Handsome Family and has screened at film festival around the country and captured the Audience Choice Award at The Citrus Cel Animation Festival, Outstanding Achievement in Animation from Brooklyn's Willifest, the Silver Telly, and Excellence in Design from ASIFA-East Animation Festival.
Production on Elliot Cowan's Stressful Adventures of Boxhead & Roundhead feature film concluded in 2014.
Other projects include films and graphics for Sesame Street, Read Russia, ASME, JazzReach, The Future of StoryTelling, David Grubin Productions, Amplify, DAVVS, Pine Brothers Softish Throat Drops, TransAmerica, The School of Life, Cartuna, and others.
- The Honor Code (animation; 2011)
- Sympathy for the Fish (2011)
- Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay (graphics; 2012)
- 1787 (for TEDed; 2012)
- Christmas Day (2012)
- Freedom Summer (graphics; 2013)
- Grouplove "Borderlines and Aliens" (music video. Kelsey Stark, dir; 2013)
- Marianne (2013)
- "Solar Irradiance" (for TEDed; 2014)
- The Black Angels "An Occurrence at 4507 South Third Street" (music video. Kelsey Stark, dir; 2014)
- The Stressful Adventures of Boxhead and Roundhead (Elliot Cowan, dir; 2014)
- Mary Lou Williams: The Lady Who Swings the Band (animation; 2015)
- The Texas Promise (animation; 2014)
- The Worst Year Ever (2014)
- No Digas A Nadie (animation; 2015)
- Rx: The Quiet Revolution (titles and animation; 2015)
- The Podkamieners (animation; 2016)
- The Trees (animation; 2016)
- NUTS! (animation; 2016)
- My Friend Nearly Killed Patti Smith (2016)
- Spectrum: A Story of the Mind (paint on glass animation; 2016)
- Third Mind Blues (animation; 2017)
- Watched (animation; 2017)