- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 1 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Adrian_Farrel. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Adrian_Farrel, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Adrian_Farrel.
Adrian Farrel is a British engineer and author, specialising in developing computer network protocols for the Internet.
Adrian Farrel is the co-chair of the IETF's: L2VPN Service Model (L2SM) working group. He was previously a Routing Area Director in the IETF, and was sponsored for this activity by Juniper Networks. Formerly he was co-chair of five IETF working groups, namely the L3VPN Service Model (L3SM) working group, the Interface to Network Service Functions (I2NSF) working group, CCAMP, PCE, and L1VPN, which are responsible for developing GMPLS and MPLS related standards. He has authored or co-authored more than 50 Request for Comments (RFCs) the IETF's standards documents making him equal 10th most prolific author in the IETF with an h-index of 12. On 18 October 2017 he was appointed Independent Submission Editor (ISE) for the RFC Editor to serve for two years beginning on 15 February 2018.
He was a founder of Aria Networks Ltd., who manufacture sophisticated, next-generation network modelling, path computation, and optimisation tools for MPLS, GMPLS, and IP networks, and served as their Chief Technology Officer for two years. He also runs a consulting company specialising in MPLS and GMPLS. Previously he was an MPLS architect and development manager at software house Data Connection Ltd., and director of protocol development for Movaz Networks Inc. He is also author of guest editorials, and research papers.
Adrian has also authored three volumes of fairy tales and blogs about fairy tales and fairy stories.
- Tales from Beyond the Wood (FeedARead, 2017), ISBN 9781788760096
- More Tales from the Wood (FeedARead, 2016), ISBN 9781786972569
- Tales from the Wood (FeedARead, 2015), ISBN 9781786100924
- Wireless Networking Complete (with multiple authors, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2009), ISBN 0123750776
- Network Management: Know It All (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2008), ISBN 0123745985
- Network Quality of Service: Know It All (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2008), ISBN 0323281877
- MPLS: Next Steps (with Bruce S. Davie, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2008), ISBN 0123744008
- GMPLS: Architecture and Applications (with Igor Bryskin, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2005), ISBN 0120884224
- The Internet and Its Protocols: A Comparative Approach (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2004), ISBN 155860913X
- IETF home page, "IETF"
- L2VPN Service Model (L2SM)
- IETF Area Director Biographic Information
- Past IESG Members and IETF Chairs
- L3VPN Service Model (L3SM)
- Interface to Network Service Functions (I2NSF)
- Common Control and Measurement Plane (ccamp) Template:Webarchive
- IETF's Working Group, Path Computation Element (pce)
- IETF's Working Group Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks (l1vpn) Template:Webarchive
- IETF RFCs Co-authored by Adrian Farrel
- Distribution of IETF Authors According to How Many Documents They Have Published 
- IETF Author Impact Factors
- IAB appoints Adrian Farrel as Independent Submission Editor (ISE) 
- Amazon index for Adrian Farrel
- Companies House register of officers for Aria Networks
- Aria Networks
- Old Dog Consulting
- IEEE Communication Magazine July 2005 Vol.43 No.7
- IEEE Communication Magazine October 2007 Vol.45 No.10 Template:Webarchive
- Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod
- "Technical Program Committee Biographies". http://www.isocore.com/sdn-mpls/bios.htm. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Technical Program Committee Biographies". http://www.isocore.com/mpls2012/about/bios.htm. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "The Board". https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/party/how-we-work/board. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Board Minutes". https://pirateparty.org.uk/minutes/all-hands-meeting-minutes-mid-december-2016-meeting. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- Tales from the Wood BlogTemplate:Primary source inline