- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 25 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Airborn_(band). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Airborn_(band), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Airborn_(band).
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2017)
Airborn was founded in 1995 by the vocalist and guitarist Alessio Perardi and bass guitar player Alberto Leschi, later joined by the guitarist Roberto Capucchio and the drummer Tony Serra.
In 2001, the band recorded its first album, Against The World that was engineered by Piet Sielck (Iron Savior, Blind Guardian) and released by the Hamburg label Remedy Records. The same production team released a second album, D-Generation in 2003.
After a break because of line-up changes, in 2008, Airborn released a third album, Legend Of Madog with a new bass guitar player, Domenico Buratti, and a new drummer, Roberto Gaia.
In 2011, the original bass guitar player, Leschi, died because of leukaemia. As a tribute to him and to celebrate the first album's tenth anniversary, the band released Demos & Rarities Collection, an anthology of rare and previously unreleased material.
In 2014, the band renewed partnerships with both the producer Piet Sielck and Remedy Records and a fourth studio album, Dark Future Rising, was released. Airborn toured extensively for two years to promote the album, often as support for Iron Savior.
In 2016, the band released the CD+DVD Dinosaurs - 20 Years Live, recorded live in the band's home town, Turin.
- Alessio Perardi - vocals, guitars, keyboards (1995 - present)
- Roberto Capucchio - guitars (1995 - present)
- Domenico Buratti - bass guitar (2005 - present)
- Roberto Gaia - drums (2006 - present)
- Alberto Leschi - bass guitar (1995 - 2004)
- Tony Serra - drums (1999 - 2003)
- Against The World (Remedy Records, 2001)
- D-Generation (Remedy Records, 2003)
- Legend Of Madog (ARP Music, 2008)
- Dark Future Rising (Remedy Records, 2014)
- Demos & Rarities Collection (ARP Music, 2012)
- "Metal Nation" (ARP Music, 2011)
- Dinosaurs - 20 Years Live (ARP Music/Remedy Records, 2016)
Tribute album appearances
- Eagleution - Tribute To Saxon (Remedy Records, 2005)
- The Revivalry - Tribute To Running Wild (Remedy Records, 2005)