Albert's Diamond Jewelers
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 25 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Albert's_Diamond_Jewelers. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Albert's_Diamond_Jewelers, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Albert's_Diamond_Jewelers.
Albert's Diamond Jewelers is a Northwest Indiana American jewelry retailer with two storefronts located in Schererville and Merrillville, Indiana.They are retailers of engagement rings, wedding bands, designer watches, loose diamonds, and other fine jewelry products. Brands carried by Albert’s Diamond Jewelers include, Tacori, Henri Daussi, John Hardy, Simon G., Verragio, Michael Kors, Le Vian, Mikimoto as well as luxury timepieces from Citizen, Rado timepieces, Michele Watches, Cartier, and others.
1905 to 1960
Albert’s Jewelers was founded in 1905 by Albert Rubinstein at the corner of Main Street and Broadway in East Chicago’s Indiana Harbor neighborhood. Until they relocated in 2002, Albert's Jewelers was one of the last remaining businesses in operation in the Indiana Harbor area.
In 1960, current owner Fred Halpern took over management and ownership of Albert’s.
1960 to 2000
In 1968, owners Fred and Donna Halpern are married on Valentine’s Day. The Halpern’s anniversary is traditionally celebrated each year with local couples getting married in the Albert’s Diamond Jewelers showroom. In 1987, Halpern begins using the catchphrase, “See you at Albert’s”.
2000 to Today
In 2002, Albert’s Jewelers is renamed Albert’s Diamond Jewelers, and moves their storefront to Schererville, Indiana. In 2010, Albert’s Diamond Jewelers opens a second location at the Westfield Southlake Mall in Merrillville, Indiana. Joshua Halpern takes over as president of Albert’s Diamond Jewelers. In 2012, in conjuncture with moving to a larger location in the Westfield Southlake Mall, Halpern trademarks the catchphrase “See you at Albert’s”.
Charitable Organizations Supported
Albert’s Diamond Jewelers is a financial supporter and fundraiser for the Northwest Indiana chapters of The American Cancer Society, The Humane Society, the National Kidney Foundation, the American Heart Association, and the Global Enrichment Foundation. Additionally, in 2013 Albert’s Diamond Jewelers owners Fred and Donna Halpern were inducted into the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s Volunteer Hall of Fame for contributing over $500,000 to Multiple Sclerosis research.
- "Designers" Albert's Diamond Jewelers. Retrieved 2016-7-15.
- Vanlanignham, Caitlin. "Albert's Diamond Jewelers Puts Clients and Community First" valpolife.com. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 7-15-2016.
- "A Chat with Fred" Albert's Diamond Jewelers. Retrieved 2016-7-15.
- Nagoshi, Syd. "Golden Era Shops: Midwest" roadsidepeek.com. Retrieved 2016-7-15.
- Franklin, Lu Ann. "Cupid Rules at Albert's Valentine's Day nuptials" nwtime.com. 14 Feb. 2016. Retrieved 2016-7-15.
- "Expanded Albert's Diamond Jewelers One of the Largest Jewelry Stores in Country" lakeshorepublicmedia.org. Retrieved 2016-7-15.
- "Best Customer Service" nwi.com. 15 May 2016. Retrieved 2016-7-13.
- "Albert's in the Community". Albert's Diamond Jewelers. Retrieved on 2016-7-13.
- Steele, Andrew. "Albert's Diamond Jewelers' MS Auction advances family's mission". nwi.com, 30 Sept. 2015. Retrieved on 2016-7-13.
- Pete, Joseph S. "Albert's Jewelers owners receive national award for MS work". nwi.com, 2 Oct. 2013. Retrieved 2016-7-13.
- Albert's Diamond Jewelers
- Albert's Diamond Jewelers Facebook page
- Albert's Diamond Jewelers Schererville Yelp page
- Albert's Diamond Jewelers Merrillville Yelp page
- Albert's Diamond Jewelers YouTube page
- "AroundTheRegion" feature on Albert's Diamond Jewelers
- Radio interview with Fred Halpern on the "The Ad Men"