American fuzzy lop (fuzzer)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 17 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:American_fuzzy_lop_(fuzzer). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/American_fuzzy_lop_(fuzzer), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/American_fuzzy_lop_(fuzzer).
american fuzzy lop is a fuzzer that employs genetic algorithms in order to efficiently increase code coverage of the test cases. So far it helped in detection of significant software bugs in dozens of major free software projects, including X.Org Server, PHP, OpenSSL and pngcrush.
- S. K. Cha, M. Woo, D. Brumley, "Program-Adaptive Mutational Fuzzing," in Proceedings of the 36th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, 2015. (to appear)
- "Fuzz and strings (lwn.net)"
- "Fuzzing (on) FreeBSD - (Mostly) automated bug discovery with security/afl" - a presentation at FOSDEM
- "Testing with two failure seeking missiles: fuzzing and property based testing" - a presentation at EuroPython 2015.