- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 11 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Audrey_Denney. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Audrey_Denney, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Audrey_Denney.
Audrey Denney is the 2018 Democratic candidate running to represent California's 1st congressional district, challenging the Republican incumbent.
Denney has been a Instructional Design Consultant, Director of Recruitment & Expansion with AgriCorps, Learning Solutions Designer at Vivayic and taught agriculture at her Alma mater for almost six years.
Out of several candidates (including the incumbent) Denney received the second highest vote total California's 2018 primary election for the U.S. Representative in District 1 on June 5's jungle primary, qualifying her to run in the general election on November 6 against incumbent Doug LaMalfa. In late August, Denney underwent emergency surgery for a large ovarian tumor that had been discovered earlier in the week. After briefly pausing her campaign she returned to face LaMalfa in a September 16 debate.
Denney is also on the Mission Committee at Bidwell Presbyterian Church.
Campaign Organization and Financing
Audrey Denney's campaign committee is called Audrey Denney for Congress, and was founded January 1, 2018. According to the Federal Elections Commission, as of October 17, 2018 the committee had raised $1,033,160.65 from 2805 donors with an average donation size of $285.88, and had $329,294.92 remaining. Her opponent Doug LaMalfa's committee had raised $785,602.53 from 810 donors, with an average donation size of $810.00, and had $232,553.33 remaining.
- Grant, Alex. "Human rights activist runs for Congress" (in en-US). The Orion. https://theorion.com/70139/news/chico-state-alumna-runs-for-congress-hopes-to-inspire-students-to-vote/.
- "Rep. Doug LaMalfa, Audrey Denney win California 1st Congressional District primaries" (in en). http://www.washingtonpost.com/election-results/california-1st-congressional-district/.
- Fay, Trevor. "Congressional candidate Audrey Denney talks healthcare after ovarian surgery" (in en-US). KRCR. https://krcrtv.com/news/butte-county/congressional-candidate-audrey-denney-talks-healthcare-after-ovarian-surgery.
- "House hunter - Feature Story - Local Stories - September 20, 2018" (in en). https://www.newsreview.com/chico/house-hunter/content?oid=27127949.
- "LaMalfa, Denney tackle questions in Shasta County forum" (in en-US). Paradise Post. 2018-09-17. https://www.paradisepost.com/2018/09/17/lamalfa-denney-tackle-questions-in-shasta-county-forum/.
- "Federal Election Commission Campaign Finance Data" (in en). https://www.fec.gov/data/committee/C00664409/?tab=raising.
- "Federal Election Commission Campaign Finance Data" (in en). https://www.fec.gov/data/committee/C00509422/?tab=raising.