- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 16 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:AvaTrade. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/AvaTrade, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/AvaTrade.
AvaTrade is an online foreign exchange (forex) and contract for difference (CFD) broker headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Through its online trading platforms and mobile apps, the company offers trading in numerous markets, including currencies, commodities, stock indices, equities, exchange-traded funds, bitcoin and bonds.
AvaTrade was founded as Ava FX in 2006. by Emanuel Kronitz, Negev Nosatzki and Clal Finance. In 2013, AvaFX changed its name to AvaTrade, to reflect the company's expansion beyond forex brokerage services to a wider range of financial services, including stocks, indices, commodities and bonds.
In July 2010, AvaTrade acquired Art Co., a Japanese forex broker. In March 2011, the company acquired the non-US customer book of broker eForex. In June 2011, they acquired clients and assets from Finotec Trading UK Limited. In July 2014, AvaTrade confirmed that it had acquired the Australian customer book of Sydney-based broker YouTradeFX.
AvaTrade has its headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with its holding company in the British Virgin Islands, and offices in Tokyo, Japan; Milan, Italy; Paris, France; Sydney, Australia; Shanghai, China; Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia; Nigeria and South Africa.
AvaTrade is regulated in the European Union by the Central Bank of Ireland, in Australia by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission, in the British Virgin Islands by the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission, and in Japan by the Financial Services Agency, the Financial Futures Association of Japan and the Commodities Futures Association of Japan. The company offers its services to traders in countries around the world, excluding the United States. Its primary markets are the European Union, the Middle East and Asia.
Products and platforms
AvaTrade offers spot trading primarily through MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and the company's AvaTradeAct (ACT) software. Both trading platforms are offered as Web-based and mobile applications. The company also offers automated trading platforms through Mirror Trader, ZuluTrade and others.
In April 2013, AvaTrade launched AvaOptions, a trading platform allowing customers to buy and sell vanilla currency options, and to execute more complex investing and hedging strategies.
In February 2014, the company launched Hush Trade, an educational website offering its customers strategic advice and training materials.
- "Avatrade". http://www.investing.com/brokers/avatrade. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- Roee Bergman, "Clal Finance sells remaining stake in forex unit AVA," Template:Webarchive Globes, 6 June 2010.
- "AvaTrade Review," FX Empire. Accessed 11 November 2014.
- "AvaTrade Review," FX View, 10 June 2013.
- Gerald Segal, "AvaFX acquires clients from Finotec," LeapRate.com, 6 June 2011.
- Michael Greenberg, "eForex transfers clients to AvaFX," Forex Magnates, 22 March 2011.
- "AvaTrade Acquires Customer Book of Australian Broker," Template:Webarchive Business Wire, 30 July 2014.
- "Playtech suffers setback in bid to acquire AvaTrade". Financial Times. October 5, 2015. http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/f1c29728-6b52-11e5-aca9-d87542bf8673.html#axzz43kyA0BnX.
- "Teddy Sagi's Playtech drops AvaTrade acquisition". Globes. December 13, 2015. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160322083241/http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-irish-central-bank-nixes-teddy-sagis-avatrade-acquisition-1001087731.
- "AvaTrade (AvaFX) Review," ForexFraud.com. Accessed 11 November 2014.
- Steven Hatzakis, "AvaTrade Launches HushTrade.com Portal, and New Binary Options Offering Is Live," Forex Magnates, 20 February 2014.
- "AvaTrade Review," Forex Awards. Accessed 11 November 2014.
- "Reviewing Forex Brokers: AvaTrade," Trade Daily, 17 September 2013.
- "Growth of the retail Forex market in Africa." Forex News Now, March 29, 2017.
- "AvaTrade Leading FX & CFD Broker Awarded Regulatory Approval by BVI FSC," Business Wire, 29 July 2013.
- Andrew Saks McLeod, "Regulatory Expansion: British Virgin Islands FSC Issues AvaTrade With Regulatory Approval," Forex Magnates, 30 July 2013.
- "Emanuel Kronitz on customer service," World Finance, 1 September 2012.
- "AvaTrade Review," Daily Forex. Accessed 11 November 2014.
- "Avatrade Review," Plus500Findings.com, 2014. Accessed 11 November 2014.
- "AvaTrade - Forex Broker Expert Review - Forex Trader HQ" (in en-US). Forex Trader HQ. https://forextraderhq.com/brokers/avatrade-review/#platform.
- Ron Finberg, "AvaTrade Launches FX Options – Powered By Sentry Derivatives," Forex Magnates, 16 April 2013.
- Ron Finberg, "AvaTrade Launching Bitcoin Trading On Both its AvaTrader and MT4 Platform," Forex Magnates, 5 August 2013.
- Muhammad Haroon, "Trading Bitcoins with AvaTrade Forex Trading Platform," Made For Bitcoin, 19 May 2014.
- Official website