- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 27 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Awaaz-e-Punjab. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Awaaz-e-Punjab, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Awaaz-e-Punjab.
Awaaz-E-Punjab was an Indian political party in Punjab led by Navjot Singh Sidhu. The party was formed on 8 September 2016. Its inaugural president is Navjot Singh Sidhu a former cricketer of the Indian cricket team. The party is trying to contest in 2017 Punjab Legislative Assembly election and has launched a mission called "Better Punjab".
Ideology and Issues
The party was created with few influential independent MLA and politicians. At the outset, Navjot Singh Sidhu got support from Pargat Singh, Simarjeet Singh Bains and Balwinder Singh Bains, who are present MLAs. It has been indicated that AAP Punjab Convener Sucha Singh Chhotepur is joining the party.[no citations needed here]
Navjot Singh Sidhu has denied that he will not make new front.
- "‘Aawaaz-e-Punjab’ a platform to end corruption, says Simarjit Bains". 2 September 2016. http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/navjot-singh-sidhu-simarjit-singh-bains-aawaaz-e-punjab-3010165/.
- "Navjot Sidhu To Lead New Party In Punjab, Launch Next Week". http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/navjot-sidhu-to-join-new-party-awaz-e-punjab-to-be-launched-next-week-1453715.
- "Awaz-e-Punjab: AAP's new worry - Times of India". http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/Awaz-e-Punjab-AAPs-new-worry/articleshow/53991334.cms.
- "Navjot Singh Sidhu to launch new front ‘Awaz-e-Punjab’ to ‘clean up’ system". 3 September 2016. http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/punjab-navjot-singh-sidhu-to-launch-new-front-awaz-e-punjab-3010868/.
- "Navjot Sidhu's 'Awaaz-e-Punjab' was a brainchild of 'fugitive' leaders: Badal". http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/Navjot-Sidhus-Awaaz-e-Punjab-was-a-brainchild-of-fugitive-leaders-Badal/2016/09/03/article3610401.ece.
- "Opposition out to corner government in House over drugs, agri crisis - Times of India". http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chandigarh/Opposition-out-to-corner-government-in-House-over-drugs-agri-crisis/articleshow/53971569.cms.