Bangladesh–the Gambia relations
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 29 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Bangladesh–the_Gambia_relations. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bangladesh–the_Gambia_relations, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bangladesh–the_Gambia_relations.
The Gambia has sought Bangladesh's assistance in improving its agricultural sector to achieve self-sufficiency in food. The Gambia has also asked for technical cooperation in developing its health sector and expressed interest to recruit skilled doctors and nurses from Bangladesh. Bangladesh has assured the Gambia to cooperate in these fields. Both Bangladesh and the Gambia agreed to formulate the legal framework for collaboration in sectors such as pharmaceuticals, agriculture (particularly rice and cotton), education, and women empowerment. In 2014, in his official visit to Dhaka, Gambian minister for trade, industry, regional integration and employment Abdoulie Jobe sought Bangladesh's assistance for the socio-economic development of the country.
Bangladesh and the Gambia have shown their deep interest to expand the bilateral economic activities between the two countries and have been taking necessary steps in this regard. Bangladeshi products including pharmaceuticals, readymade garments, jute and jute goods, knitwear, cement and ceramics have been identified as products with good potential in the Gambian market. Bangladesh has also invited the Gambia to recruit skilled workforce from Bangladesh who would contribute to the development of socioeconomic field.
- "Gambia wants Bangladesh's expertise in agriculture, health". Bangladesh Business News. BSS. 25 January 2012. http://www.businessnews-bd.com/index.php?view=article&catid=35%3Anational&id=5320%3Agambia-wants-bangladeshs-expertise-in-agriculture-health&tmpl=component&print=1&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=53. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Gambia keen to recruit doctors, nurses from Bangladesh". Daily Sun. 25 January 2012. http://www.daily-sun.com/details_yes_25-01-2012_Gambia-keen-to-recruit-doctors,-nurses-from-Bangladesh_36_1_10_1_4.html. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Bangladesh ready to help Gambia". The Daily Star. 25 January 2012. http://archive.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=219764. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Gambian high commissioner calls on Dipu Moni". Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha. 24 January 2012. http://www.bssnews.net/newsDetails.php?cat=0&id=223013$date=2012-01-24&dateCurrent=2012-02-02. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Gambia seeks guidance from Bangladesh". Bdnews24.com. 4 December 2014. http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014/12/04/gambia-seeks-guidance-from-bangladesh. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "President for sending skilled manpower to Gambia". Bangladesh Sangbad Sangstha. 23 January 2012. http://www.bssnews.net/newsDetails.php?cat=0&id=222685$date=2012-01-23&dateCurrent=2012-02-02. Retrieved 10 March 2014.