- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 2 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:BaubleBar. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BaubleBar, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BaubleBar.
BaubleBar is a New York City-based fashion jewelry company, that was started in 2010 by Amy Jain and Daniella Yacobovsky. BaubleBar began as an e-commerce company, and later expanded into physical retail spaces. BaubleBar has collaborated and partnered with other companies, designers, and celebrities to launch and promote collections and brands. Investors in BaubleBar include Accel Partners, Greycroft Partners, Burch Creative Capital, Aspect Ventures, and Hubert Burda Media.
Jain and Yacobovsky had been working on what would become BaubleBar during their last year at Harvard Business School. They identified a gap regarding price points in what was available for online jewelry pieces; they were either very high, for items that were expected to last forever, or very low for pieces that were cheap quality. What was missing was trendy and affordable fashion jewelry. The two began to host shopping parties, in their apartments, and later launched a closed website to sell the broad range of products they sourced. They closely monitored their customers’ buying patterns. Once they realized that nearly a third of first-time buyers became repeat customers, including people they did not personally know, Jain and Yacobovsky determined that what had begun as a project was becoming a viable business.
BaubleBar raised $4.5 million in its series A funding round in July 2012. Accel Partners and Greycroft Partners provided this capital, which was to be used for hiring and marketing as the company continued to grow. A series B funding round raised $10 million in July 2014; this was led by Burch Creative Capital. The plans for this funding included expansion efforts related to logistics and shipping software development and expansion of stand-alone stores and partnerships with retailers Nordstrom and Anthropologie. A series C funding round in January 2016, which raised $20 million, was led by past investors Accel Partners, Greycroft Partners, Burch Creative Capital, and Aspect Ventures. New investors included Hubert Burda Media.
Design and production
BaubleBar owns its entire supply chain and has developed very unique and efficient sourcing capabilities which result in a "very compressed design and production chain" leveraged to "design and merchandise around real-time data and trends" in the marketplace.
Partnerships and collaborations
BaubleBar has partnered and collaborated with other companies and celebrities. On multiple occasions, it has partnered with DKNY’s design team. In November 2012, BaubleBar launched a collection with nail polish brand Essie; the collection featured perfectly coordinated nail polishes and bangles. Beginning in March 2014, BaubleBar opened pop-up shops in Nordstrom stores, which featured merchandise exclusive to this retailer. These shops were called "Nordstrom Loves BaubleBar". BaubleBar noted that some of the advantages of this partnership included adding an offline component to the business and the ability to service customers throughout the US. Through another partnership, BaubleBar merchandise is sold in Anthropologie stores.
BaubleBar partnered with Jawbone, in 2015, to create and distribute a line of wearable tech bracelets. Specifically, these were fitness trackers designed to resemble a woman’s wristwatch.
It also has collaborated with Target to a new collection into their retail stores. "Target’s first partnership in the jewelry and accessories area" was SugarFix by BaubleBar, which launched in early 2017 as a long-term agreement between the two companies.
BaubleBar has a Guest Bartender program, in which celebrities are enlisted to curate a collection of BaubleBar’s creations that reflect their personal style. The celebrities featured in the program include Olivia Palermo, Emma Roberts, Shay Mitchell, and Coco Rocha.
- Carter, Nicole (2 July 2012). "A Lot More Sparkle Thank Morgan Stanley". http://www.inc.com/30under30/nicole-carter/amy-jain-danielle-yacobovsky-founders-baublebar.html.
- Schonfeld, Erick (3 December 2010). "BaubleBar Raises $1.1 Million From Accel, Founder Collective, And Lerer Ventures". https://techcrunch.com/2010/12/03/baublebar/.
- Griffith, Erin (23 July 2012). "BaubleBar Raises $4.5 Million from Accel and Greycroft". https://pando.com/2012/07/23/baublebar-closes-4-5-million-from-accel-and-greycroft/.
- Perez, Sarah (25 January 2016). ""Fast Fashion Jewelry Biz BaubleBar Grabs Another $20 Million". https://techcrunch.com/2016/01/25/fast-fashion-jewelry-biz-baublebar-grabs-another-20-million/.
- Novellino, Teresa (25 January 2016). "Data-driven BaubleBar raises $20M as it probes brick-and-mortar possibilities". http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/news/2016/01/25/data-driven-baublebar-raises-20m-as-it-probes.html.
- Carter, Nicole (9 February 2012). "How BaubleBar Undercuts the Competition". http://www.inc.com/nicole-carter-and-tim-rice/how-baublebar-undercuts-the-competition.html.
- Persad, Michelle (19 May 2016). "How BaubleBar’s Founders Made Jewelry Affordable For Shoppers Everywhere". http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/baublebar-founders_us_573cbdfde4b0aee7b8e8c496.
- "Entrepreneurs Are Everywhere Show, No. 5: Daniella Yacobovsky and Jane Moritz". 7 October 2015. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-blank/entrepreneurs-are-everywh_b_8257698.html.
- Shontell, Alyson (13 October 2014). "36 Rockstar Women In NYC Tech Everyone Should Know". http://www.businessinsider.com/top-women-at-new-york-tech-startups-2014-10#amy-jain-and-daniella-yacobovsky-18.
- O’Connor, Clare (24 June 2015). "Online Jewelry Startup BaubleBar To Open Retail Stores". http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2015/06/24/online-jewelry-startup-baublebar-to-open-retail-stores/#8e5841f36179.
- "BaubleBar to Open First Store at Roosevelt Field". 26 June 2015. https://www.accessoriesmagazine.com/121405/baublebar-to-open-first-store-at-roosevelt-field.
- De La Merced, Michael J. (29 July 2014). "BaubleBar, an Upstart Jewelry Seller, Raises $10 Million". The New York Times. https://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/baublebar-an-upstart-jewelry-seller-raises-10-million/?_r=0.
- "BaubleBar". https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/baublebar#/entity.
- Parker, Lauren (4 August 2014). "10 Minutes With… BaubleBar". https://www.accessoriesmagazine.com/100422/10-minutes-baublebar.
- Strugatz, Rachel (29 February 2012). "DKNY Does BaubleBar". http://wwd.com/business-news/media/dkny-does-baublebar-5754905/.
- Rasmus, Tara (7 November 2012). "The News In Nails: BaubleBar + Essie Launches Today". http://www.refinery29.com/baublebar-essie.
- Mirabella, Lorraine (12 June 2014). "Nordstrom to open BaubleBar shops in its stores". The Baltimore Sun. http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/consuming-interests-blog/bal-consuming-nordstrom-open-baublebar-shops-in-its-stores-20140612-story.html.
- Fairchild, Caroline (31 March 2014). "Nordstrom, BaubleBar partnership targets younger shoppers". http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2014/03/31/nordstrom-baublebar-partnership-targets-younger-shoppers/.
- Halzack, Sarah (19 August 2014). "Online shopping is the future. So why do so many Web retailers want to be in stores?". The Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2014/08/19/online-shopping-is-the-future-so-why-do-so-many-web-retailers-want-to-be-in-stores/?tid=hpModule_a2e19bf4-86a3-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394.
- Milnes, Hilary (24 November 2015). "BaubleBar seeks a mobile edge in jewelry retail". http://digiday.com/brands/baublebar-mobile-edge/.
- Colon, Ana (11 November 2015). "BaubleBar’s Latest Collection Involves Absolutely No Baubles". http://www.refinery29.com/2015/11/97360/bauble-bar-target-collaboration.
- Zinko, Carolyne (28 October 2015). "BaubleBar brings beauty to Jawbone’s brains". San Francisco Chronicle. http://www.sfchronicle.com/style/article/BaubleBar-x-Jawbone-launches-6596536.php.
- Torgerson, Rachel (12 November 2015). "BaubleBar Is Coming to Your Local Target: All the Details on the New Collaboration". http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-style/news/baublebar-is-coming-to-your-local-target-collaboration-details-20151211.
- Krupnick, Ellie (25 January 2017). "Target Teams Up With BaubleBar for New ‘SugarFix’ Line". http://www.racked.com/2017/1/25/14382382/target-baublebar-collection-sugarfix.
- Edelson, Sharon (25 January 2017). "Target Sets Sights on Higher Jewelry Sales With SugarFix by BaubleBar". http://wwd.com/accessories-news/jewelry/target-sets-sights-higher-jewelry-sales-with-sugarfix-by-baublebar-10765215/.
- Cheng, Andrea (13 September 2016). "Here’s How You Can Buy Shay Mitchell’s Affordable BaubleBar Jewelry Collection". http://www.instyle.com/fashion/shay-mitchell-guest-bartender-baublebar-collection.
- Bailey, Alyssa (29 September 2015). "Olivia Palermo’s Trick for Killing the Accessories Game". http://www.elle.com/fashion/celebrity-style/interviews/a30808/olivia-palermo-baublebar-collaboration/.
- Baker, Jessica (23 September 2014). "BaubleBar Taps Emma Roberts for Latest Collaboration". http://www.whowhatwear.com/emma-roberts-baublebar-guest-bartender-2014?ps=tag&tag=baublebar.
- Berkley, Jannah (9 April 2014). "first look: coco rocha x baublebar". http://www.nylon.com/articles/coco-rocha-baublebar.