- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 17 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:BlackMonk_CMS. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BlackMonk_CMS, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/BlackMonk_CMS.
BlackMonk CMS is developed and marketed by Bangalore-based DoubleSpring Media, which was founded in 2008. Prior to the launch of BlackMonk in November 2012, DoubleSpring Media operated a city portal for Bangalore and had developed a CMS product named LocalEngine. 
BlackMonk CMS is designed for rapid deployment of web portals which deliver multi-format content and web services. It supports content types such as articles, events, attractions, media gallery and movie guide. Web Services supported by BlackMonk CMS include business directory, classifieds, and deals. Some features of BlackMonk CMS are monetization oriented, and enable revenue earnings through display ads, sponsored content and directory subscription.
- November 2012 – BlackMonk v1.0
- April 2013 – BlackMonk v2.5.0 introduced article scheduling, additional payment gateway integration and contests & sweepstakes app
- July 2, 2013 – BlackMonk v2.6.0 introduced banner management
- November 26, 2013 – BlackMonk v3.0 introduced responsive template, community app, content channels and widgets
- February 10, 2014 – BlackMonk v3.1 introduced enhanced Geolocation features
- March 18, 2014 – BlackMonk v3.2 introduced rich snippets for better SEO, rich text editor for static pages and Disqus comments with SSO (Single Sign-in option)
- April 28, 2014 – BlackMonk v3.3 introduced inline editor, enhanced business directory with cover image in listing pages/widgets, and easier payment workflow
- September 04, 2014 – BlackMonk v3.4 introduced business report, new template, enhanced deals app with add/manage options for merchants and contact management for advertisers plus FAQ page
- Ismail, K. (2014, March 2). BlackMonk CMS Review. CMS Critic. Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.cmscritic.com/blackmonk-cms-review/.
- DoubleSpring Media BlackMonk Review. (n.d.). In Business-Software.com. Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.business-software.com/product/doublespring-media-blackmonk/
- BlackMonk Is The Next Generation Of Web Publishing. (n.d.). In killerstartups.com. Retrieved October 20, 2015, from http://killerstartups.com/startup-reviews/blackmonk-is-the-next-generation-of-web-publishing
- BlackMonk CMS (n.d.). In cms matrix. Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix/cms-matrix/blackmonk-cms
- Kumar, A. (2013, April, 26). DoubleSpring Media launches Blackmonk: a CMS product to host Web Apps. YourStory.Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://yourstory.com/2013/04/doublespring-media-launches-blackmonk-a-cms-product-to-host-web-apps/.
- Miles, S. (2014, May 12). 6 tools publishers can use to monetize their business directories. StreetFight. Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://streetfightmag.com/2014/05/12/6-tools-publishers-can-use-to-monetize-their-business-directories/
- Selim, Baykara. (2014, March 25). BlackMonk – individuell zugeschnittenes All-in-One CMS. StreetFight. Retrieved June 30, 2014, from http://phpmagazin.de/news/blackmonk-individuell-zugeschnittenes-all-in-one-cms-171956
- Johar, H. (2013, April 3). BlackMonk v2.5.0 released. BlackMonk.Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.blackmonk.com/blog/2013/04/blackmonk-v250-released
- Johar, H. (2013, July 7). BlackMonk v2.6.0 released. BlackMonk.Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.blackmonk.com/blog/2013/07/blackmonk-v260-released
- Johar, H. (2013, Nov 25). Announcing BlackMonk V3.0 with responsive design, content channels, dynamic widgets & more. BlackMonk.Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.blackmonk.com/blog/2013/11/blackmonkv3
- Johar, H. (2014, Feb 10). Announcing BlackMonk v3.1 with enhanced Geolocation features and more. BlackMonk.Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.blackmonk.com/blog/2014/02/announcing-blackmonk-v31-with-enhanced-geolocation-features-and-more
- Johar, H. (2014, March 18). Announcing BlackMonk v3.2 with advanced SEO and other exciting features. BlackMonk.Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.blackmonk.com/blog/2014/03/announcing-blackmonk-v32-with-advanced-seo-and-other-exciting-features
- Ismail, K. (2014, March 21). BlackMonk v3.2 Released. CMS Critic.Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.cmscritic.com/blackmonk-v3.2-released/
- Johar, H. (2014, April 28). Announcing BlackMonk v3.3 with inline editor for building rich static pages and more. BlackMonk.Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.blackmonk.com/blog/2014/04/announcing-blackmonk-v33-with-inline-editor-for-building-rich-static-pages-and-more
- Ismail, K. (2014, May 1). BlackMonk 3.3 released with inline editor for rich static pages. CMS Critic.Retrieved June 28, 2014, from http://www.cmscritic.com/blackmonk-3.3-released-with-inline-editor-for-rich-static-pages/
- Johar, H. (2014, September 04). Announcing BlackMonk v3.4 with new templates, business reports and more. BlackMonk Blog.Retrieved September 09, 2014, from http://www.blackmonk.com/blog/2014/09/announcing-blackmonk-v34-with-new-templates-business-reports-and-more
- Ismail, K. (2014, September 8). BlackMonk v3.4 Released With New Templates & Business Reports. CMS Critic.Retrieved September 08, 2014, from http://www.cmscritic.com/blackmonk-v3.4-released-with-new-templates-business-reports/