- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 21 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Cecilia_Harvey. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cecilia_Harvey, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Cecilia_Harvey.
|Alma mater||Wellesley College|
Hyve Dynamics (CEO) |
Tech Women Today (founder)
Early life and education
Harvey was born in New York and grew up in Westchester County in Tarrytown, New York. She attended The Ursuline School in New Rochelle, New York. In 1996, Harvey enrolled at Wellesley College. She graduated in 2000 with a bachelor's degree in political science.
After graduating from Wellesley, Harvey entered the sales and trading analyst program at Lehman Brothers in 2000. She has been working in the fintech industry in various positions that includes, former COO of Citigroup Markets and Securities Services Technology, consultant with HSBC global, and senior positions with Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital and IBM Consulting.
Tech Women Today
In 2018, Harvey founded Tech Women Today, a professional organization that seeks to advance women in technology across various sectors. Tech Women Today is also a resource for non-technical female entrepreneurs who need to leverage technology to grow their business. On the Tech Women Today YouTube channel Harvey interviews female technology entrepreneurs and shares advice with up and coming women in technology.
- Green Machine: A Career Guide For The Young Professional. Virtualbookworm. 2007. ISBN 9781602640474. 
- 2019 EmPower 100 Ethnic Minority Role Model List
- 2019 Inclusive Tech Alliance Awards Finalist
- Clarke, Gina. "The Leading Ladies Of Tech: What Can We Learn?" (in en). https://www.forbes.com/sites/ginaclarke/2019/02/11/leading-ladies-of-tech/.
- Rumbelow, Helen (2018-11-12). "Queen bee syndrome — have you ever been blocked by a female boss?" (in en). The Times. ISSN 0140-0460. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/queen-bee-syndrome-have-you-ever-been-blocked-by-a-female-boss-pv3knwnjz.
- Science Editor, Jonathan Leake (2018-08-26). "Office queen bees bully female workers" (in en). The Sunday Times. ISSN 0956-1382. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/office-queen-bees-bully-female-workers-clzzrw0lb.
- "Careers in Tech Panel Discussion". https://london.alum.wellesley.edu/article.html?aid=225.
- "African American COO thriving in London". http://baltimoretimes-online.com/news/2015/jun/12/african-american-coo-thriving-london/.
- Harvey, Cecilia. "Cecilia Harvey". https://www.entrepreneur.com/author/cecilia-harvey. Retrieved 2019-10-21.
- Brech, Anna (2018-08-26). "Are bullying "Queen Bees" holding you back in the workplace?" (in en). https://www.stylist.co.uk/life/bullying-queen-bees-holding-you-back-workplace-career-study/223826.
- "Taking the sting out of queen bees" (in en-US). https://www.europeanceo.com/business-and-management/taking-the-sting-out-of-queen-bees/.
- "More than two-thirds of women feel ‘bullied’ by their female colleagues, study finds" (in en). 2018-08-26. https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/bullying-at-work-female-queen-bee-syndrome-colleagues-women-a8508581.html.
- Whimn, Jesica Rapana; WHIMN (2018-08-27). "‘Queen Bees’ are holding women back in the workplace" (in en). https://nypost.com/2018/08/27/queen-bees-are-holding-women-back-in-the-workplace/.
- "Two-thirds of women say they’ve been bullied by another woman in the workplace" (in en). https://globalnews.ca/news/4411507/women-workplace-bullying/.
- Harvey, Cecilia (2007-09-01) (in en). Green Machine. Virtualbookworm.com Publishing, Incorporated. ISBN 9781602640474. https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Green_Machine.html?id=JC7DPQAACAAJ&redir_esc=y.
- "100 Ethnic Minority Executives 2019 | EMpower". https://www.out-standing.org/empower/100-ethnic-minority-executives-2019/.
- "ITA Awards Finalists Announced | Inclusive Boards" (in en-US). https://www.inclusiveboards.co.uk/ita-awards-finalists-announced.