- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 4 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Craig_Bernard. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Craig_Bernard, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Craig_Bernard.
|Alma mater||University of Toronto|
|Years active||2001 - present|
Black Black Heart|
Locked Out of Heaven
Craig Bernard is a multiple award-winning Canadian-American director and producer. He is best known for directing and producing music videos for high-profile music artists, including Bruno Mars, John Newman, Tiësto, Avicii, CeeLo Green, Taio Cruz, and Colbie Caillat. He is the executive producer and head of production at the transmedia production company Fever Content, founded by Elia Petridis.
Early life and education
Bernard made his professional directorial debut in 2001 with the music video Now or Never by Dope. In 2003, Bernard was twice-nominated for Video of the Year at the Juno Awards, also known as the Canadian Grammy Awards, for the David Usher music video Black Black Heart  and for Lovercall by Danko Jones. He continued directing during the 2000s before transitioning into producing. Throughout the 2010s, he then produced multiple music videos for chart-topping artists.
In 2011, the book Music Video and the Politics of Representation featured an analysis of his music video for Stone Sour's Hesitate, which received over 13 million views on YouTube, as an example of a masterful modern music video. In 2014, he produced Grouplove's music video for I'm With You which received over 2 million views on YouTube. In 2015, he produced Disturbed's music video for The Light which received over 49 million views on YouTube and positive critical acclaim.
In 2016, while serving as the chief creative officer for SAMO VR, he produced multiple virtual reality films, including the virtual reality music video Drugs for electronic music producer Eden. The music video was highly received by critics at Sundance Film Festival and SXSW where it was showcased by Jaunt, and drew the attention of award-winning film director, screenwriter and transmedia producer creator Elia Petridis. In 2017, Bernard became the executive producer and head of production of the transmedia production company Fever Content founded by Elia Petridis. The company focuses on producing music and narrative transmedia (including virtual reality).
Awards and nominations
In 2002, his music video for David Usher's Black Black Heart won the MuchMusic Video Award for Best Pop Video and the MuchMusic Video Award for Best Visual Effects; it was nominated for the MuchMusic Video Award for Best Director and the MuchMusic Video Award for Best Cinematography.
In 2003, his music video for Danko Jones' Lovercall won the MuchMusic Video Award for Best Post-Production; his music videos for Danko Jones' Lovercall and for David Usher's Black Black Heart were both nominated for Video of the Year at the 2003 Juno Awards.
In 2013, his music video for Bruno Mars' Locked Out Of Heaven won the MTV Video Music Award for Best Male Video; it was nominated for the MTV Video Music Award for Video of the Year, the MTV Video Music Award for Best Pop Video, the World Music Award for World’s Best Video, and the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Music Video.
In 2014, his music video for Avicii's Hey Brother was nominated for the MTV Video Music Award for Best Video with a Social Message and the World Music Award for World’s Best Video. His music video for Chromeo's Come Alive was nominated for the MuchMusic Video Award for Best EDM/Dance Video.
- "FEVER Content". http://fevercontent.com.
- "Bruno Mars, Aviici, John Newman: An Interview With Music Video Director Craig Bernard". ShowBizBytes. 2017-08-11. https://showbizbytes.com/bruno-mars-aviici-john-newman-an-interview-with-music-video-director-craig-bernard-39727b735866.
- "2003 | Video of the Year (Sponsored by MuchFACT, exclusively funded by Bell Media) | Craig Bernard, David Usher | The JUNO Awards" (in en-US). The JUNO Awards. http://junoawards.ca/nomination/2003-video-of-the-year-sponsored-by-muchfact-exclusively-funded-by-bell-media-craig-bernard-david-usher/.
- "2003 | Video of the Year (Sponsored by MuchFACT, exclusively funded by Bell Media) | Craig Bernard, Danko Jones | The JUNO Awards" (in en-US). The JUNO Awards. https://junoawards.ca/nomination/2003-video-of-the-year-sponsored-by-muchfact-exclusively-funded-by-bell-media-craig-bernard-danko-jones/.
- Stone Sour (2010-12-23), Stone Sour - Hesitate [OFFICIAL VIDEO], https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrv6sa0PrtU, retrieved 2017-09-11
- Railton, Diane; Watson, Paul (2011). "Genre and Music Video: Configurations and Functions". Music Video and the Politics of Representation. Edinburgh University Press. pp. (pp. 41-65). ISBN 0748633227. https://books.google.com/books?id=LvmqBgAAQBAJ&dq=%22Music+Video+and+the+Politics+of+Representation%22.
- Lissybee (2011-10-03). Stone Sour - Hesitate Music Video Analysis. https://www.slideshare.net/Lissybee/stone-sour-hesitate-music-video-analysis.
- GROUPLOVE (2014-06-12), Grouplove - I'm With You [Official Music Video], https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdB296pKdPI, retrieved 2017-09-07
- Disturbed (2015-11-20), Disturbed - The Light [Official Music Video], https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LypjOTTH6E, retrieved 2017-09-11
- "DISTURBED Taps Directors CULLEY BUNKER And CRAIG BERNARD For 'The Light' Video" (in en-US). BLABBERMOUTH.NET. 2015-10-12. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/disturbed-taps-directors-culley-bunker-and-craig-bernard-for-the-light-video/.
- "Disturbed hope you see ‘the light’ in latest videoMetal Insider" (in en-US). Metal Insider. 2015-11-20. http://www.metalinsider.net/video/disturbed-hope-you-see-the-light-in-latest-video.
- "Disturbed Release Powerful Video for 'The Light'" (in en-US). http://loudwire.com/disturbed-the-light-video/.
- "SAMO VR". https://www.f6s.com/samovr.
- "SAMO". https://gust.com/companies/samovr.
- "SAMO - Emerging Tech for Talent" (in en). http://samovr.com.
- (in en) EDEN 'drugs' VR Experience, https://www.jauntvr.com/title/97771336ec, retrieved 2017-09-08
- "EDEN "drugs" VR Experience" (in en-US). http://www.gantproductions.com/eden-drugs/.
- Mike. "Elia Petridis Launches Virtual Reality Company: Fever Content (Exclusive)" (in en). http://www.pxvr.com/elia-petridis-launches-virtual-reality-company-fever-content-exclusive/.
- "Elia Petridis Launches Virtual Reality Company: Fever Content (Exclusive)" (in en-US). TheWrap. 2017-07-05. http://www.thewrap.com/elia-petridis-launches-virtual-reality-company-fever-content-exclusive/.
- "4 Things You Should Know about VR’s Hottest New Music-Driven Production Company: Fever Content" (in en). BuzzFeed Community. https://www.buzzfeed.com/vralphanator/4-things-you-should-know-about-vras-hottest-new-2trhc?utm_term=.yrw7L8JAE#.mv6V8D0lY.
- "Craig Bernard: Spreading the Fever of VR Content – 6 Questions". 6 Questions. 2017-08-11. https://six-questions.com/craig-bernard-spreading-the-fever-of-vr-content-660a9d2c82d4.
- "Craig Bernard | IMVDb" (in en). https://imvdb.com/n/craig-bernard.
- "Craig Bernard". http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3436820/.
- "mvdbase.com - Craig Bernard technician videography". http://www.mvdbase.com/person.php?id=C3569.
- "Swollen Members Clean Up At MuchMusic Awards". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/75393/swollen-members-clean-up-at-muchmusic-awards.
- "Inna UK Website". http://inna-uk.com/awards.html.
- "MTV VMAs 2013: Full Winners List". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5672585/mtv-video-music-awards-2013-complete-vmas-winners-list.
- "2013 Video Music Award Nominations: Get The Full List!" (in en). MTV News. http://www.mtv.com/news/1710689/vma-nominations-list-2013/.
- "NAACP Image Awards: Winners Announced" (in en). The Hollywood Reporter. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/naacp-image-awards-winners-announced-417553.
- "2014 MTV Video Music Awards Nominations: Get The Full List" (in en). MTV News. http://www.mtv.com/news/1870248/2014-video-music-awards-nominations-full-list/.
- "2014 MuchMusic Video Awards—List of Highlights, Winners, and Performances" (in en). Popdust. 2014-06-18. https://www.popdust.com/2014-muchmusic-video-awardslist-of-highlights-winners-and-performances-1889939982.html.