- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 5 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Dave_Landau. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dave_Landau, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dave_Landau.
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (May 2018)
Template:Infobox comedian Dave Landau (born 1983) is an American stand-up comedian and radio personality.
Born and raised in Detroit, Landau names Rodney Dangerfield, Joan Rivers, Bernie Mac, Robert Schimmel, and Dave Chappelle as his comedy influences.  He started comedy improv at 19 soon after he left high school, which he had attended for five years, and went on to study theatre at Lansing Community College. In 2002, Landau began improv classes at The Second City in Detroit.
After reading Live from New York and seeing a biography on Tim Allen, Landau wanted to move from improv to stand-up comedy. He had only considered pursuing it before until his classmate and later wife, and comedian Martin Butler, convinced him to go on stage, which took place at Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle in April 2004. Butler landed Landau a spot at the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase. Landau once ran a comedy improv and stand-up show at the Village Idiot with his wife and a group of other comedians.
In 2014, Landau participated on the eighth season of the comedy television series Last Comic Standing, ending up as a finalist. He later revealed that "I got kind of screwed over on a very national level because Roseanne didn't get a joke." Landau has appeared on Gotham Comedy Live on AXS three times.
- "Interview with Detroit Comedian Dave Landau". Detroit Comedy Scene. 11 September 2016. http://detroitcomedyscene.com/interview-detroit-comedian-dave-landau/. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "You Won't Believe What His Favorite Joke Is! Interview: Recovery Comic Dave Landau". Recovery Comedy. 22 January 2015. https://recoverycomedy.livejournal.com/20941.html. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Bobbitt, Mike (2 February 2011). "Chatting with Landau". Off the Mike. https://offthemike.com/2011/02/02/chatting-with-landau/. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Dwoskin, Jeff (12 June 2014). "Last Comic Standing Spotlight: Dave Landau". Absrd Comedy. http://www.absrdcomedy.com/2014/06/12/last-comic-standing-dave-landau/. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Kostanczuk, Bob (3 April 2018). "Dave Landau comes to Comedy Night in Munster". Chicago Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/lifestyles/ct-ptb-ent-comedy-night-20180413-story.html. Retrieved 6 May 2018.