- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 1 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Dennis_Herrick. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dennis_Herrick, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dennis_Herrick.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (June 2018)
Dennis Herrick is an American author.
For most of his career, Herrick worked in the newspaper industry. He has been reporter, owner and publisher. He is an emeritus member of the journalism faculty at the University of New Mexico.[no citations needed here] He is a combat veteran of the Vietnam War, where he served with the 1st Cavalry Division in 1969.[no citations needed here] He was editor of the newsletter for the Vietnam Dog Handler Association  from 1999 to 2017, and is a member of the Western Writers of America.[no citations needed here] His historical novel, Winter of the Metal People: The Untold Story of America's First Indian War, gives the Pueblo point of view about the Tiguex War and the Coronado expedition.
- (2016) Pueblo Mysteries 
- (2016) War of the Planet Burners 
- (2014) A Brother's Cold Case
- (2014) For Your Guest Bedroom: Collected Stories 
- (2013) Winter of the Metal People
- (2012) Second edition of Media Management in the Age of Giants: Business Dynamics of Journalism
- (2012) Farewell to the Master (annotated reprint) 
- "The SUN". http://www.mvlsun.com.
- "Vietnam Dog Handler Association". http://www.vdha.us.
- "Author's Website". http://dennisherrick.com/pueblo-mysteries.
- ""War of the Planet Burners"". Moonshine Cove Publishing. http://www.moonshinecovepublishing.com.
- "A Brother's Cold Case". Sunbury Press. http://www.sunburypressstore.com/A-Brothers-Cold-Case-9781620064795.htm.
- "Author's Website". http://dennisherrick.com/guest%20bedroom.
- "Winter of the Metal People: The Untold Story of America's First Indian War". Sunbury Press. http://www.sunburypressstore.com/Winter-of-the-Metal-People-9781620062371.htm.
- "Media Management in the Age of Giants: Business Dynamics of Journalism". University of New Mexico Press. http://www.unm.edu/~herrick/textbook/.
- ""Author's Website"". Sterling Publications. http://dennisherrick.com/farewell-to-the-master.