- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 2 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Don_Binkowski. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Don_Binkowski, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Don_Binkowski.
Template:Draft article Don Binkowski (born October 26, 1929) is a retired Polish-American public official, author and historian. In 1961-62, he took part in Michigan's Constitutional Convention.
Early Life and Education
In 1961 Binkowski got the Michigan reflectorized tag law repealed. Serving as a delegate to the Michigan Constitutional Convention in 1961-1962, Binkowski helped in the creation of the current Constitution of Michigan which was ratified by voters in 1963. He served as a Warren City Councilman from 1965-1968. Elected to Warren, Michigan's newly established 37th District Court in 1968, Binkowski served three terms as District Court Judge, retiring in 1987.
Binkowski has authored five books. He has also published a family album.
He has researched and collected information on North Detroit as well as Poland and Polish-American topics. He has donated his research to several public institutions as well as used it as material for his books.
Binkowski's archives are held in the collection of the Bentley Historical Library at the University of Michigan.
- Binkowski, Don (1971). Binkowski family album. OCLC 13076829.
- Template:Loop (1995). Col. P.W. Norris: Yellowstone's greatest superintendent: America's early environmental champion (1877-1882). Warren, Mich.: C & D of Warren. ISBN 9780964652705.
- Template:Loop (2002). Poles together: Leo Krzycki and Polish Americans in the American labor movement. Xlibris Corp. ISBN 9781401033033.
- Template:Loop (2002). Leo Krzycki and the Detroit left. Xlibris Corp. ISBN 9781401039950.
- Template:Loop (2009). Tolerated but Never Accepted: Polish American Officials of Michigan and Polonia in A World Political Perspective. Xlibris Corp. ISBN 9781436340014.
- [ https://quod.lib.umich.edu/b/bhlead/umich-bhl-85807?byte=225387199;focusrgn=bioghist;subview=standard;view=reslist bio connected to Bently Historical Library materials on Binkowski]
- "Ex-Aide to Hare Leads Fight: How 'Angry Young Man' Got Tag Law Repealed". Detroit Free Press: p. 18. May 8, 1961. OCLC 12085476. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/33005563/exaide_to_hare_leads_fight_how_angry/. Template:Free access
- "Michigan Manual 1999-2000: Constitutional Conventions". p. 59. http://legislature.mi.gov/documents/publications/manual/1999-2000/1999-mm-0053-0062-ConCons.pdf.
- "Macomb County Clerk: Canvass of Votes Cast November 5th, 1968 General Election". p. 235. https://clerk.macombgov.org/sites/default/files/content/government/clerk/pdfs/electionresults/1968-11-05-GENERAL-ELECTION.pdf.
- "Macomb County Clerk: Canvass of Votes Cast November 5th, 1974 General Election". p. 24. https://clerk.macombgov.org/sites/default/files/content/government/clerk/pdfs/electionresults/1974-11-05-GENERAL-ELECTION.pdf.
- "Macomb County Clerk: Canvass of Votes Cast November 4th, 1980 General Election". p. 340. https://clerk.macombgov.org/sites/default/files/content/government/clerk/pdfs/electionresults/1980-11-04-GENERAL-ELECTION.pdf.
- Angelo, Frank (July 25, 1973). "Don Binkoswki: Historymaker Wants to Save Past". Detroit Free Press: p. 7A. OCLC 12085476. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/33005418/don_binkowski_historymaker_wants_to/. Template:Free access
- Solomon, Linda (July 21, 1983). "Area Libraries Lend Items from Paintings to Power Tools". Detroit Free Press: p. 5A. OCLC 12085476. https://www.newspapers.com/clip/33005664/area_libraries_lend_items_from/. Template:Free access
- Don Binkowski collected materials: 1825-2013 at University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library
- Don Binkowski Collection of Leo Krzycki Memorabilia at Cornell University Library, Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives
- Don Binkowski Papers, 1960-1992 at Montana State University Library, Merrill G. Burlingame Special Collections
- Don Binkowski Papers at University of Minnesota, Elmer L. Andersen Library
- Don Binkowski Papers at Wayne State University, Walter P. Reuther Library
- Don Binkowski at Political Graveyard