Original short description: "2009 film"
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 24 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Dragonquest_(film). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dragonquest_(film), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Dragonquest_(film).
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2010)
Dragonquest is a 2009 fantasy film produced by The Asylum. It stars legendary sword-and-sandal veteran Marc Singer as Maxim, a warrior who must guide a young farm boy across a dangerous terrain to retrieve the missing gems from an ancient medallion in order to bring peace to the land. The film also stars Jason Connery as The King and Brian Thompson as the villain, Kirill. The film is a mockbuster of the film "Eragon".
An evil wizard, wishing to conquer the world for his own, unleashes a seemingly unstoppable dragon onto the world to terrorize the peasant folk into submission. The creature can withstand any attack from humans, and appears indestructible.
However, a small resistance movement has formed to defeat the wizard utilizing the strength of a fabled dragon believed to be the only creature in the land that can match the fire dragon in strength, and so the vigilantes set out in their quest for the dragon to save the kingdom.
- Marc Singer as Maxim
- Brian Thompson as Kirill
- Jason Connery as Gurion
- Daniel Bonjour as Arkadi
- Jennifer Dorogi as Katya
- Russell Reynolds as Anson
- Richard Lund as King Agmar
- Jack Goldenberg as Frank
- Jay Beyers as Tolfar Thug