- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 27 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Eran_Thomson. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Eran_Thomson, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Eran_Thomson.
|Nationality||USA & Australia|
|Occupation||Writer/Screenwriter, Director and Creative Director|
|Known for||The "C" & Borracho Show, Prepare to Live, friendlet.net, Notice Corp., Laugh-Masters Academy|
Eran Thomson is a writer, director and advertising creative director, currently based in Sydney and Los Angeles.
Early life and education
Eran Thomson was born in San Francisco and attended 11 different schools in New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island and Mexico City before moving to Swarthmore, Pennsylvania where he graduated from Strath Haven High School.
Thomson spent a year living in New York City after High School working in fashion and night clubs before his Freshman year of college at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. The following year Thomson transferred to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
While enrolled at UNC-CH, Thomson founded the UNC-CH Surf Club and helped finance his education by designing and selling T-shirts and restoring old sports cars for which he was recognised on the cover of Money Magazine’s annual college issue.
Thomson spent his Junior year studying abroad in Seville, Spain where he completed a Minor in Spanish. Upon his return to Chapel Hill, Thomson completed his degree at the highly regarded University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Journalism and Mass Communication Majoring in Journalism with an emphasis on advertising.
Further education includes coursework at NYU (Stand-up Comedy), UCLA Writers Studio (UCLA Extension Writers' Program) (Film & TV writing), The Second City (Improv Comedy) and The Groundlings (Sketch Comedy).
Thomson works as a Screenwriter, Director and Producer at Notice Corp., which he established himself as an international collective of Creative Professionals who write, develop and produce advertising, branded content, TV formats, documentaries, feature films and other creative projects. Their motto is “Proud Suppliers of Creativity You Can’t Ignore.”
Notable work includes the controversial and successful Greens Party political ad created with Republic of Everyone for the Australian TV series The Gruen Transfer. The commercial was called the “best political ad ever” by Todd Sampson, show Co-Host and CEO of Leo Burnett. The Australian Greens desired to buy the ad, but we’re banned from doing so by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. The resulting controversy created massive public awareness for the Greens with the ad getting over 24,000 views in less than 24 hours online.
Other Notice Corp. projects include the acclaimed short film SOCIO, The "C" & Borracho Show - a web and TV series produced under the Mexxywood.TV banner  and a short documentary about Young Adults coping with Cancer for Prepare to Live. Thomson's current writer/director reel may be viewed on the Notice Corp. YouTube channel.
Thomson is the Founder of Laugh-Masters Academy a comedy school based in Sydney, Australia with a focus on Improv and Sketch comedy. Laugh-Masters Academy run Comedy Workshops taught by visiting Instructors from Hollywood’s top comedy schools including the world famous Groundlings, Upright Citizens Brigade and The Second City.
Thomson invented, and holds a provisional patent for the Koobar, a weighted "page taming device" for books, newspapers and magazines. Koobars are designed to "put pages in their place" so you can read hands free while cooking, typing, etc. as well as in outdoor/windy conditions.
Thomson began his professional career as a creative in the field of advertising. Highlights include being part of a team that transformed West & Vaughn, a small agency in North Carolina into the AdWeek's Southeast's Agency of the Year  with work that frequently appeared in The One Show, Cannes, Addys and other industry award shows and publications. He then went to New York for a senior role at Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH). From there Thomsonmoved to Sydney, Australia for Group Creative Director role at TBWA Worldwide and later helped found the Sydney office of Freeform Asia Pacific in a Regional Creative Director role.
He was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia as a young adult. He postponed a Bone Marrow Transplant in 1999 in favor of an experimental treatment, now commonly known as Gleevec (Imatinib). It worked and as a result he is now cancer-free and sometimes appears in Novartis ads for the drug. His email updates, known as the "Luke Updates," sent while he was undergoing treatment are soon to be published under the title "Luke the Rat". During this time, Thomson discovered that there were virtually no resources for young adults (aged 20–40) coping with cancer, whether as patients, caregivers or survivors, so he founded the first in collaboration with fellow survivor Eszter Rabin called Prepare to Live. Prepare to Live became widely known as the first resource founded by, and for, Young Adults coping with cancer world-wide and is a Charter Member of the Lance Armstrong Foundation Young Adult Alliance. As a survivor, Thomson participated in the original Everest Rocks with the Love Hope Strength Foundation and is available for public speaking engagements.
- AKA Eran Rosenthal
- PKA Colt Greene
- "Paying the Bills Eran Rosenthal University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Working His Way Through School - with Flair - September 10, 1991". Money.cnn.com. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/moneymag_archive/1991/09/10/86826/index.htm. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- "Notice Corp". Notice Corp.. http://noticecorp.com. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Greens denied permission to use Gruen ad - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". Abc.net.au. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-08-12/greens-denied-permission-to-use-gruen-ad/942288. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- craigb on August 13, 2010 (2010-08-13). "Republic of Everyone’s Green’s Party advert banned by ABC’s Gruen Nation". Brio Daily. http://briodaily.com.au/2010/08/republic-of-everyones-greens-party-advert-banned-by-abcs-gruen-nation/. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Friday 13, August 2010 at 12:47 PM by CB. "Sustainable brand consultancy Republic of Everyone's Gruen ad hits a Green nerve". Campaign Brief. http://www.campaignbrief.com/2010/08/sustainable-brand-consultancy.html. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Tuckerman, James (2010-08-13). "Gruen Transfer ad wins Greens’ endorsement". Anthillonline.com. http://anthillonline.com/gruen-transfer-ad-wins-greens-endorsement/. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Kim on August 12, 2010 (2010-08-12). "The Gruen Greens ad goes more than viral". Larvatusprodeo.net. http://larvatusprodeo.net/archives/2010/08/12/the-gruen-greens-ad-goes-more-than-viral/. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "SOCIO | Notice Corp. Presents a Short Film – Written & Directed by Eran Thomson". Sociofilm.com. 2011-04-28. http://sociofilm.com. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Socio". IMDb.com. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2170589/. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "The "C" & Borracho Fan Club". Facebook. 2012-06-18. http://facebook.com/candborracho. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Welcome to Mexxywood.TV - Proud Producers of The "C" & Borracho Show". Mexxywood.tv. http://mexxywood.tv. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Prepare to Live". IMDb.com. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1543686/. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Notice Corp.". IMDb.com. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA06CF5ECE03ABADF. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Welcome to the Creative World of Eran Thomson". Eranthomson.com. http://eranthomson.com. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Laugh-Masters Academy - Improv, Sketch Comedy and Corporate Training Workshops in Sydney & Melbourne taught by visiting Instructors from Hollywood's Top Comedy Schools". Laugh-masters.com.au. 2012-09-15. http://laugh-masters.com.au. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Laugh-Masters Academy". Facebook. http://facebook.com/laughmasters. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Laugh-MastersAcademy (@LaughMastersOz) op Twitter". Twitter.com. http://twitter.com/laughmastersoz. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Koobar (Book mark. Paperweight) by Thomson, Eran – AU2010900787". Ipaustralia.com.au. 2010-02-24. http://www.ipaustralia.com.au/applicant/thomson-eran/patents/AU2010900787/#.UADHBI5JWkg. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Koobar™ | Put Pages in Their Place with a Koobar Page Tamer (Bookmark/Paperweight/Placeholder Thingy)". Koobar.com. http://koobar.com. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Koobar™ | Put Pages in Their Place with a Koobar Page Tamer (Bookmark/Paperweight/Placeholder Thingy)". Koobar.com. http://koobar.com. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Friendlet". Friendlet. http://friendlet.net. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Contact Us. "friendlet.net WHOIS domain registration information from". Network Solutions. http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/friendlet.net. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Staff, Adweek. "New Campaigns". Adweek. http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising/new-campaigns-42126. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Goddu, Jenn. "Judges Impressed With Work in Heartland Addys". Adweek. http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising/judges-impressed-work-heartland-addys-37675. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- Wednesday 10, August 2005 at 2:05 PM by CB. "Eran Thomson Joins Freeform As Cd Asia Pacific". Campaign Brief. http://www.campaignbrief.com/2005/08/eran-thomson-joins-freeform-as.html. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Freeform Advertising + Design". Holafreeform.com. http://holafreeform.com. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "P2L founders". Preparetolive.org. http://www.preparetolive.org/html/about/founders.html. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Novartis - Think What's Possible". Us.novartis.com. http://www.us.novartis.com/twp/twp-eran.html. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- "Read The Story Of Eran Thomson | Trust In Novartis Oncology's Cancer Treatments". Novartisoncology.com. http://www.novartisoncology.com/patients-caregivers/patient-stories/eran-thomson.jsp?usertrack.filter_applied=true&NovaId=2935376911790653905. Retrieved 2012-09-20.
- "Home of the Original "Luke Updates" by Eran Thomson (WIP)". Luke the Rat. 2012-01-31. http://luketherat.com. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Eran Thomson". lovehopestrength.org. 2007-05-22. http://lovehopestrength.org/everest2007/archives/category/trekkers/eran-thomson/. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
- "Everest Rocks". IMDb.com. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1277709/combined. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- "Eran Rosenthal NC". US Search.com. http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/people-search/names/nc/eran/rosenthal.html#. Retrieved 2012-09-19.