- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 19 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Erlan_Karin. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Erlan_Karin, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Erlan_Karin.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Erlan Karin (was born on May 26, 1976, Aksu village, Sairam district, Chymkent region) — Kazakh social and political activist, known political expert, scientist, publicist.
In 1997, graduated from historical faculty of Aktubinsk State University named after K.Zhubanov. In 1999, he completed postgraduate studies at faculty of philosophy and political science, Kazakh State University named after Al-Farabi. Candidate of political sciences, subject of candidate’s dissertation: “Intra-political aspects of national security in the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
During 1996—1998 worked as history and geography teacher at high school No 33 in the city of Aktubinsk (since 1999 - Aktobe), teacher at the department of political sciences in Aktubinsk State University named after K.Zhubanov.
During 1998—2000, he worked as an employee of Center for Political Research, Kazakhstan Development Institute, deputy director in the Institute of Russia and China.
From 2000 to 2003 — director of Central Asia Agency of Political Research.
During 2003—2004 — first deputy chairman of Republican Party “Asar”, director general in International Institute of Modern Policy.
From 2004 to 2006, led Center of Anti-Terrorist Programs.
In 2006, he was appointed to the position of advisor of political matters for akim of Mangystau Province.
In February 2008, under order of President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev, Erlan Karin was appointed to position of head of department of internal policy, Administration of President of the Republic of Kazakhstan .
In November 2008, under decree of the chairman of People’s Democratic Party “Nur Otan”, Nursultan Nazarbayev, was appointed as secretary of PDP “Nur Otan” for strategic development. In August 2013, he left position of secretary of PDP “Nur Otan” due to training in foreign country.
He is member of expert committee, Security Council of the Republic of Kazakhstan and member of social council, Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, member of International Society for Terrorism Research, chairman of Supervisory Board, Center of Security Programs.
He believes that perfect politician is Alikhan Bokeikhanov, John Kennedy and Nursultan Nazarbayev. Hobbies — photography, history, archeology, collecting, weapons. Interests – problems with terrorism, national and regional security, special forces and their role in system of national security, history of Kazakhstan, history and culture of Asian countries.
He is married and has four children.Template:Needs citation
- оrder “Kurmet” (2010)
- medal “10 years of Astana” (2008)
- service medal “20 years of independence in the Republic of Kazakhstan” (2011)
- service medal “20 years of Armed Forces of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (2012)
- prize “People’s favorite”, nominated as “Perspicacious politician of the year” (2011)
- prize “People’s favorite”, nominated as “Political resonance” (2012)
- prize “People of the year”, nominated as “Politician” under Internet resource Vласть (2012)
- Erlan Karin: Kazakhstan without Nazarbayev is “the blackbox”. According to western analysts, any shift in power in Kazakhstan – the worst expectations come true.
- Erlan Karin: Conjunctural initiative on lifetime presidentsy of Nazarbayev impairs his role in development of Kazakhstan.
- Erlan Karin . Terrorism in Kazakhstan: from virtual to reality.
- Erlan Karin. Thread remains.
- Erlan Karin. Wars of special forces.
- Erlan Karin, politologist: idea about establishment of Eurasian Parliament is out of the question.
- Erlan Karin. Soldiers with kid eyes.
- Erlan Karin. Балбал тас (Kazakh).
- Erlan Karin. Таңбалы тас (Kazakh).
- Official page of Erlan karin in Facebook
- Erlan Karin in Twitter
- Web-page of Republican federation of Ju-Jitsu
- "В Астане назвали народных любимцев". Tengri News. 2011-01-17. Archived from the original on 2013-01-22. http://www.webcitation.org/6DrEUDYLe.
- ""Народных любимцев" 2012 года определили в Астане". Tengri News. 2011-12-21. Archived from the original on 2013-01-22. http://www.webcitation.org/6DrEcnvvt.
- "Vласть подводит итоги голосования в рамках премии "Люди года"". Vlast.kz. 2012-12-25. Archived from the original on 2013-01-22. http://www.webcitation.org/6DrEknrhP.