- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 10 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ethereum. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ethereum, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ethereum.
Ethereum is a crypto platform which includes the ether cryptocurrency. Using a Turing-complete programming language the platform can be used to implement such things as digital contracts, a decentralized DNS, and a decentralized currency exchanges. The currency was initially described by Vitalik Buterin and others in late 2013 and early 2014, and will be released in fall 2014. It is among a group of "next generation" (or "Bitcoin 2.0") platforms.
The currency has received attention in Wired, the Globe and Mail, and Silicon Angle. At CoinSummit in March 2014, Ethereum was represented by two speakers and was covered in press about the event. Primavera De Filippi will spoke on the legal implications of Ethereum at Harvard in April 2014.
- Buterin, Vitalik. "Ethereum: A Next-Generation Cryptocurrency and Decentralized Application Platform". Bitcoin Magazine. http://bitcoinmagazine.com/9671/ethereum-next-generation-cryptocurrency-decentralized-application-platform/. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- Kharif, Olga. "Bitcoin 2.0 Shows Technology Evolving Beyond Use as Money". Bloomberg News. http://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/1vw0tx/ethereum_fundraiser_terms_updated_3_years_founder/. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- Geek's Guide to the Galaxy. "A Futurist on Why Lawyers Will Start Becoming Obsolete This Year". Wired. http://www.wired.com/2014/03/geeks-guide-karl-schroeder/. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- Finley, Kurt. "Out in the Open: Teenage Hacker Transforms Web Into One Giant Bitcoin Network". Wired. http://www.wired.com/2014/01/ethereum/. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- Gray, Jeff. "Bitcoin believers: Why digital currency backers are keeping the faith". The Globe and Mail (Phillip Crawley). http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/currencies/bitcoin-believers-why-digital-currency-backers-are-keeping-the-faith/article17840246/?page=all. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- Cox, Ryan. "Can Ethereum kill Bitcoin with self-executing contracts?". SiliconANGLE. http://siliconangle.com/blog/2014/02/12/can-ethereum-kill-bitcoin-with-self-executing-contracts/. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- Gelenbe, Pamir. "CoinSummit". CoinSummit website. http://www.coinsumm.it/. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- "Decentralized Applications". Coinsummit 2014. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpwhT63EkZ4. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- di Filippi, Primavera. "Ethereum: Freenet or Skynet ?". Berkman Center for Internet & Society. Harvard University. http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/events/luncheon/2014/04/difilippi. Retrieved 10 April 2014.