- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 13 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Euan_Rellie. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Euan_Rellie, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Euan_Rellie.
Template:Birth year and age|
London, United Kingdom
|Other names||Euan Nicholas Clive Rellie|
|Known for||Asia-related mergers & acquisitions advisory|
Euan Rellie is a New York-based, British investment banker and entrepreneur. He is co-founder (with Charles Maynard) and senior managing director of BDA Partners, a Manhattan-based, Asia-focused investment bank. Rellie, along with his wife Lucy Sykes, are known for their social presence in New York.
Early life and education
Rellie was born in the United Kingdom in 1968. His father Alastair Rellie was an MI6 officer from 1963 to 1992, latterly as Director of Counter Intelligence and Security. After spending his early years in Kinshasa, Congo and Egypt, his family moved to Manhattan's Upper East Side and later relocated to London. He joined Eton College where he studied History, Mathematics and Economics 1981–1986. After graduating from Eton, he attended Trinity College, Cambridge for a BA and MA in the field of History. In 1990, he was President of the Trinity College Union and President of the Trinity May Ball [no citations needed here].
After graduating from the University of Cambridge, Rellie joined the Schroders as a Graduate in 1990, rising to Manager in 1993. He worked at Schroders for six years, based in London, New York and Singapore. In 1995, he was Head of SE Asia Execution for Schroders Asia-Pacific Regional Advisory Group. In this role, he spent his time working across Asia. In 1996, he left Schroders and co-founded Business Development Asia LLC, an advisory firm, working for multinational clients who were seeking to invest in Asia, now known as BDA Partners. He became the senior managing director of the company.
In 2012, Rellie founded BDA Advisors, the broker-dealer arm of Business Development Asia. The same year he was called Dealmaker of the Year by The M&A Advisor. In 2014 he was named North American Investment Banker of the Year, and one of the Top 50 Global M&A Dealmakers by The Global M&A Network. In 2015, Business Development Asia was renamed BDA Partners. Rellie was called the Dealmaker of the Year again in 2016 by The M&A Advisor.}
Rellie has been described as one of New York's "highest-profile bankers".}. BDA is backed by partnerships with William Blair, the Chicago investment bank, and the state-owned Development Bank of Japan.
Rellie has appeared frequently on Bloomberg TV discussing investment banking  and politics . He has appeared several times on China Central Television/CGTN discussing investment banking and the trade war.
His clients have included AgFeed, Axa Private Equity, C.R. Bard, Dainippon Ink & Chemical, DuPont, Ecolab, The Gores Group, Hanjin, ICI, ICICI, Intel, Kraft Foods, Life Technologies, Lubrizol, Materion, Nalco, Pfizer, Philip Morris, Platinum Equity, Sara Lee, Sigma-Aldrich, Tenneco, ThomsonReuters, and Wockhardt..
In the media
The Character Euan Pierce from the 2001 American Sitcom Off Centre was based on Rellie. The show's producer Chris Weitz had lived with Rellie in West Village in the late 1990s. Rellie also lived with Toby Young, who made Rellie a character in his 2001 memoir How to Lose Friends and Alienate People. Writing about Rellie, Young wrote that "however famous an actress or beautiful a supermodel, he’ll ask them out to dinner. He's incredibly flirtatious. My cousin sat next to him at a dinner once, and she said it was like sitting next to an octopus on crack."
Rellie's parents were MI6 Director Alastair Rellie and travel writer Annalisa Rellie. Rellie married Lucy Sykes at Christ Church in Chelsea, London SW3 in May 2002, with a reception at Brooks's Club. They live in the West Village of Manhattan and in Bridgehampton, NY.
- "Company Overview of BDA Partners". Bloomberg L.P.. https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=37182363.
- "BDA Partners profile, Owler". https://www.owler.com/company/bdapartners.
- "6 More NYC Financiers And Their Lovely Leading Ladies". 17 January 2013. http://www.businessinsider.com.au/6-more-nyc-financiers-and-their-ladies-2013-1.
- Teodorczuk, Tom. "Can Christopher Nolan's 'Dunkirk' crack China's market?". MarketWatch. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/can-christopher-nolans-dunkirk-crack-chinas-market-2017-07-28.
- "WEEKEND IN THE HAMPTONS: WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW A PARTY FOR A CAUSE". http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2009/07/when-in-doubt-throw-a-party-for-a-cause.
- "Author Lucy Sykes on Becoming a 'Fitness Junkie' and Why She Wouldn't Want to Exercise With Gwyneth Paltrow". http://www.adweek.com/digital/author-lucy-sykes-on-becoming-a-fitness-junkie-and-why-she-wouldnt-want-to-exercise-with-gwyneth-paltrow/.
- Obituaries, Telegraph (19 April 2018). "Obituary: Alastair Rellie, former director of MI6". The Telegraph. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2018/04/19/alastair-rellie-former-director-mi6-obituary/.
- Gurley, George (4 March 2014). "M: Euan Rellie – The Pussycat of Wall Street". Women's Wear Daily. http://wwd.com/eye/lifestyle/euan-rellie-the-pussycat-of-wall-street-7514400/.
- "Random Questions For...Lucy Sykes and Euan Rellie". http://thefashioninformer.typepad.com/informer/2007/12/random-question.html.
- "Euan Rellie". http://gawker.com/551730/euan-rellie.
- "The Long Read". 4 November 2012. http://www.esquire.co.uk/culture/news/a264/the-long-read-surviving-the-city/.
- "SCENES FROM EUAN RELLIE AND LUCY SYKES RELLIE'S ROYAL WEDDING BASH". 2 May 2011. http://www.papermag.com/scenes-from-euan-rellie-and-lucy-sykes-rellies-royal-wedding-bash-1425749366.html.
- "China has competition in M&A in Asia". http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/epaper/2015-04/29/content_20575675.htm.
- Fergusson, David A.. "Euan Rellie". Innovabrics.com. http://www.innovabrics.com/all-speakers/item/137-euan-rellie. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Summer Soirees Stand Out". https://www.wsj.com/articles/casual-summer-soirees-stand-out-1468278406Casual.
- "Featuring 15th Annual M&A Advisor Awards". http://maadvisor.net/MANY/MANY-2016/2016-MAA-Symposium-event-profile.pdf.
- "Euan Rellie: New York’s ‘fashion banker’ on deals, Asia and Trump". https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/an-audience-with-euan-rellie-new-yorks-fashion-banker-on-deals-asia-and-trump-20190408.
- "DBJ invests in BDA Partners". https://www.pehub.com/dbj-invests-in-bda-partners/.
- "Euan Rellie talks about global mergers and acquisitions on "Bloomberg Daybreak"". https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2019-12-04/will-there-be-more-m-as-globally-in-2020-video.
- "Biden Represents a Tried and Tested Candidate, Says Euan Rellie". https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2020-03-04/biden-represents-a-tried-and-tested-candidate-says-euan-rellie-video.
- "Euan Rellie talks about bilateral trade and investment ties between China and the UK". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5nPsBhQBs.
- "Peek Inside the Home of a Fashion Wiz and Debut Novelist". https://www.onekingslane.com/live-love-home/lucy-sykes-the-knockoff/.
- "M: Euan Rellie – The Pussycat of Wall Street". 4 March 2014. http://wwd.com/eye/lifestyle/euan-rellie-the-pussycat-of-wall-street-7514400/.
- "The Adventures of Euan and Chris Is Brit Banker's Sitcom-a-Clef". 3 December 2001. http://observer.com/2001/12/the-adventures-of-euan-and-chris-is-brit-bankers-sitcomaclef/.
- "The Road Less Travelled". http://www.edsup.co.uk/ArticleView.aspx?pid=489.