European Aeronautics Science Network
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 9 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:European_Aeronautics_Science_Network. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/European_Aeronautics_Science_Network, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/European_Aeronautics_Science_Network.
The European Aeronautics Science Network (EASN) is an open Association, structuring and representing the European Academia in Aeronautics research related issues. The aim of the association is to build up an open, unique European platform so as to structure, support and upgrade research activities of European aeronautics universities and to facilitate them at responding to their key role within the European aeronautical research community in incubating new knowledge and breakthrough technologies. The EASN Association emerged from two EC-funded Coordination and Support Actions. On 06.05.2008 and with the blessings of the European Commission, EASN was officially established as an International, Brussels-based Association.
Similar to the Partnership of a European Group of Aeronautics and Space Universities (PEGASUS), EASN represents academia and is one of the main European Associations and Organizations driving research and innovation, similar to the Clean Aerospace Regions (CARE) and the Advisory Council for Aviation Research and Innovation in Europe (ACARE) (representing the aviation industry), the European Research Establishments in Aeronautics (EREA) which represents research institutes, the European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAA), the European Aeronautics Cluster Partnership (EACP) and more.
In order to enable its goal towards supporting and enhancing research and innovation in academia, EASN actively participates at assembly meetings of European decision and policy-making bodies in aeronautics, such as ACARE  and the Aerospace and Defense Industries Association of Europe (ASD). Through these participations EASN represents European aeronautics universities and speaks their voice towards enhancing their participation in strategic roadmaps and agendas.
Furthermore, EASN publishes and shares views, expectations and recommendations upon key thematic topics. These are often drawn in collaboration with other networks, such as EREA and the ASD’s Industry Management Group (IMG4). Such recommendations are used by policy-making bodies such as the European Commission towards the development of future calls for proposals. In fact, EASN interest groups have actively contributed on the provision of requirements towards the shaping of Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development 6 and 7 on transport calls, and the preparation of H2020 transport calls with regards to international cooperation calls with Japan, China and Canada by providing the academia viewpoint and priorities for international collaboration.
- Central Europe:
- East-Central Europe:
- North West Europe:
- Southern Europe:
- Western Europe:
- European Commission's Research and Innovation Research Success
- PERSEUS project - Promoting Excellence & Recognition Seal of European Aerospace UniversitieS
- Sweden’s national strategic innovation programme for aeronautics
- Aeronautics technology platform
- The future aerospace workforce — ACARE considers university education at Berlin Air Show
- Workshop on Education and Training for the Future Generation of Aviation Professionals in Europe
- Workshop on Education and Training Needs for Aviation Engineers and Researchers in Europe
- Workshops on Clean Sky 2 dedicated to Academia and Clusters
- EASN position on a successor to Clean Sky in H2020
- Clean Sky 2 - EASN Joint Workshop