- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 24 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Fastvideo_SDK. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Fastvideo_SDK, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Fastvideo_SDK.
Fastvideo SDK offers real-time JPEG/JPEG2000/Bayer/H.264/H.265 compression and decompression, image demosaicing, denoising, filtering, resizing, rotation and video output functions. The scope of applications of the library includes medical imaging, surveillance, camera applications, sports, industrial imaging, online processing of images, processing of RAW images in real time, 3D and VR graphics.
Fastvideo SDK requires a CUDA-compatible Nvidia GPU to function. The library displays higher performance on Nvidia GPUs of higher classes. Performance of the library is currently 5–10 times faster than competitive solutions. In 2012 and 2014, Fastvideo presented results of benchmarks of the JPEG/JPEG2000 codec for Nvidia conference.
Fastvideo SDK is included into Nvidia's official catalog of GPU-accelerated applications.
- "XIMEA – CUDA GPU Solution drastically increases performance of cameras". https://www.ximea.com/gpu.
- Serzhenko, Fyodor (2016). "Fast CinemaDNG Processor on CUDA. Realtime CinemaDNG processing on GPU. Fast Cinema DNG Viewer and Player. CUDA software for DNG RAW processing and rendering. CUDA DNG Player. Software for Culling and Reviewing footage before editing.". Fastvideo. http://www.fastcinemadng.com/.
- "Fastvideo SDK Benchmarks". 16 June 2016. http://www.fastcompression.com/pub/2016/Fastvideo_SDK_benchmarks_2016.pdf.
- Uvarov, Andrey (2014). "Full GPU Image Processing Pipeline for Camera Applications". http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc/2014/presentations/S4728-gpu-image-processing-camera-apps.pdf.
- Serzhenko, Fyodor (2012). "Fast JPEG Coding on the GPU". http://on-demand.gputechconf.com/gtc/2012/presentations/S0273-Fast-JPEG-Coding-on-the-GPU.pdf.
- "CUDA JPEG encoder and decoder. CUDA JPEG Codec. CUDA JPG. The fastest JPEG encoding and decoding. JPEG image compression on CUDA.". http://www.fastcompression.com/products/jpeg/cuda-jpeg.htm.
- "GPU-accelerated Applications Catalog". 2016. http://www.nvidia.com/content/gpu-applications/PDF/gpu-applications-catalog.pdf.