Frog Fractions 2
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 31 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Frog_Fractions_2. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Frog_Fractions_2, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Frog_Fractions_2.
Template:Infobox video game Frog Fractions 2 is a sequel to the free, browser-based game Frog Fractions, which was developed by the game studio Twinbeard, founded by Jim Crawford. In the style of the original, Frog Fractions 2 is intended to have hidden elements that will reveal themselves to careful players. Crawford stated that Frog Fractions 2 would be released publicly without any announcement from himself or Twinbeard, and it will be the players' job to find it. The lead-up to discovering the game is the subject of a multiple-year ARG, or Alternate Reality Game, and the subject of much media attention. Eventually, the game will be available as a downloadable standalone program for Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Funding and Development
The potential future existence of Frog Fractions 2 was announced as part of a Kickstarter campaign. The campaign was started in March 2014 and was funded and complete on April 11, 2014, exceeding its original goal of $60,000, for a total funded amount of $72,107 with 2,571 backers.
A video accompanying the Kickstarter page held a series of clues that led interested participants to find out more information about where Frog Fractions 2 would eventually appear on the internet. These clues have been discussed and analyzed in online forums, and there have been a few attempts to summarize early puzzle in the ARG. Although the ARG is a critical part of the eventual revelation of Frog Fractions 2's release, it is a large, collaborative effort to solve the puzzles written for it, and is functionally a different game than the downloadable version promised in the Kickstarter campaign.
- "You’ll Want to Play This Game — If You Can Ever Find It" (in en-US). http://www.wired.com/2014/04/frog-fractions-2-kickstarter/.
- "Where in the world is Frog Fractions 2?". https://www.destructoid.com/where-in-the-world-is-frog-fractions-2--312319.phtml.
- McElroy, Justin (2015-12-15). "How to Shave Obama: Behind the baffling, nearly two-year-long quest to find Frog Fractions 2" (in en-US). http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/15/10220184/frog-fractions-2-arg.
- "The Greatest Video Game You May Never Play". http://www.wnyc.org/story/greatest-video-game-you-may-never-play/.