- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 13 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Geometric_(company). All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Geometric_(company), the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Geometric_(company).
Geometric Ltd is a specialist in the domain of engineering services and technologies.The company is headquartered in Mumbai, India. Its portfolio includes Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Global Engineering Services, Embedded Systems, and Digital Technology.
Geometric technology solutions(GTS) business unit develops design and manufacturing productivity tools and technologies that includes DFMPro, CAMWorks, GeomCaliper, eDrawings Publisher, Glovius,NestLib, Geometric Stackup, Feature Recognition (FR), GeomDiff and 3DSearchIT.
Key business verticals of this company are Aerospace, Automotive, Heavy Engineering and High-Tech.
Geometric was set up as a Division of Godrej and Boyce in 1984-85. The company was incorporated in 1994 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India. It is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India.Geometric is assessed at SEI CMMI 1.1 Level 5 for its software services and ISO 9001:2008 certified for engineering operations. The company’s operations are also ISO 27001:2005 certified.
Geometric has a joint venture with Dassault Systèmes, 3D PLM Software Solutions Ltd., which was set up in 2002 with an equity participation of 58% and 42% respectively. Geometric and Dassault Systèmes have reached an agreement whereby Dassault Systèmes will acquire full ownership of 3DPLM software solutions Ltd. 
|1984||Founded as part of the electronics business of Godrej & Boyce in India with operations in the Indian domestic market|
|1994||Geometric incorporated as an independent company|
|2000||Geometric IPO — Listed on the Indian Stock market|
|2002||Set up 3dPLM Software Solutions Ltd., a joint venture with Dassault Systèmes with an equity participation of - 70% from Geometric and 30% from DS respectively.|
|2005||Acquired TekSoft, Inc. (now renamed Geometric Technologies, Inc. - a division of Geometric Americas, Inc.)|
|2006||Acquired Modern Engineering, Inc. (now a part of Geometric Americas, Inc.).|
|2008||Launched DFMPro, a design for manufacturability tool|
|2013||Acquired 3Cap Technologies GmbH|
Offices and locations
- India: Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad
- Japan: Tokyo
- Singapore: Singapore
- China: Shanghai
- Australia: New South Wales
- Korea : Seoul
- UK: Bristol
- Germany: Oberschleißheim, Regensburg
- France: Toulouse, Paris
- Netherlands: Eindhoven
- Romania: Brasov
- Sweden: Gothenburg
- "IT Innovators 2009". www.nasscom.in. Archived from the original on 7 June 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110607081818/http://www.nasscom.in/upload/it_innovators09/geometric.pdf. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "On the PLM path — Express Computer". Expresscomputeronline.com. 2004-11-29. Archived from the original on 2 March 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120302174816/http://www.expresscomputeronline.com/20041129/management03.shtml. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- BS B2B Bureau (10 October 2014). "Geometric and Pune's College of Engineering tie up to promote 3D printing". http://www.business-standard.com/content/b2b-manufacturing-industry/geometric-and-pune-s-college-of-engineering-tie-up-to-promote-3d-printing-114101000674_1.html.
- "GEOMETRIC LTD. - Geometric receives Frost & Sullivan's 2011 Global Enabling Technology Award for DFMPro". http://profit.ndtv.com/news/market/article-geometric-ltd-geometric-receives-frost-sullivan-39-s-2011-global-enabling-technology-award-for-dfmpr-166803.
- "Products and Technologies". Geometric Ltd.. http://geometricglobal.com/geometric-products-and-technologies/.
- "Geometric to set up new centres in Brazil, China". dnaindia.com. 2007-03-15. http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report_geometric-to-set-up-new-centres-in-brazil-china_1085086. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "Geometric Software sets up 100% arm in US". Expressindia.com. 1998-04-11. http://www.expressindia.com/fe/daily/19980411/10155074.html. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "Geometric Software Solutions and Dassault Systemes Create Consulting & Services Partnership. - Free Online Library". Business Wire. Thefreelibrary.com. 2002-07-08. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Geometric+Software+Solutions+and+Dassault+Systemes+Create+Consulting...-a088543440. Retrieved 2010-07-23.
- "Dassault Systemes acquire Indian subsidiary 3DPLM software solutions ltd.". businesswire.com. 2016-04-01. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160401005747/en/Dassault-Syst%C3%A8mes-Acquire-Full-Ownership-3DPLM-Software. Retrieved 2016-04-01.