George G. Imeretinsky
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 12 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:George_G._Imeretinsky. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/George_G._Imeretinsky, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/George_G._Imeretinsky.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (June 2015)
George was educated at Lancing College. In 1916 he was granted an honorary commission in the 1st Battalion, Grenadier Guards, at the request of the Russian Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna. Holding the rank of lieutenant he was wounded in the Battle of the Somme in 1917, and served with the regiment until 1920. Later he was an officer in the Royal Air Force, a Cresta champion, and was well known in Bentley racing circles, being a correspondent to various motoring journals. He married first in 1925 Avril Joy Mullens, divorced 1932. She later married Ernest Simpson, the former husband of Wallis Simpson. Imeretinsky married secondly in 1933 Margeret Venetia Nancy Strong. His two younger brothers, Mikheil and Constantine were also educated at Lancing, and joined the Royal Flying Corps.
After Hereditary Prince George (1897–1972) the headship of the House of Bagrationi - Imereti transmitted to his young brother Prince Constantine (1898–1978).
- ბაგრატიონები: სამეცნიერო და კულტურული მემკვიდრეობა, იმერეთის მეფეები ბაგრატიონთა დინასტიიდან, თბილისი, 2003 The Bagrations: Scientific and Cultural heritage, Kings of Imereti from Bagrationi dynasty, Tbilisi, 2003
- Prince George Imeretinsky National Portrait Gallery, London
- Сенсационная неделя "Русских антикварных торгов" в Лондоне РИА Новости
- "Bobsleighing". The Times. 7 January 1931. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/archive/article/1931-01-07/5/7.html#start%3D1842-01-01%26end%3D1973-01-01%26terms%3DImeretinsky%26back%3D/tto/archive/find/Imeretinsky/w:1842-01-01%7E1973-01-01/1%26prev%3D/tto/archive/frame/goto/Imeretinsky/w:1842-01-01%7E1973-01-01/8%26next%3D/tto/archive/frame/goto/Imeretinsky/w:1842-01-01%7E1973-01-01/10.
- Parker, Paul (2015). Klemantaski: Master Motorsports Photographer. Motorbooks. p. 63. ISBN 9781627885645.
- Cotes, Peter (1976). Trial of Elvira Barney. David and Charles. p. 13.
- "High Court of Justice Probate, Divorce and Admiralty Division: Decree Nisi for Princess Imeretinsky". The Times. 15 November 1932. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/archive/article/1932-11-15/4/7.html#start%3D1842-01-01%26end%3D1973-01-01%26terms%3DImeretinsky%26back%3D/tto/archive/find/Imeretinsky/w:1842-01-01%7E1973-01-01/1%26next%3D/tto/archive/frame/goto/Imeretinsky/w:1842-01-01%7E1973-01-01/2.
- The Imperial Imeretinsky Presentation Fabergé Frame A.lain R. T.ruong
- "Prince George Imeretinsky". The Times. 28 March 1972. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/archive/article/1972-03-28/17/21.html#start%3D1972-01-01%26end%3D1973-01-01%26terms%3DImeretinsky%26back%3D/tto/archive/find/Imeretinsky/w:1972-01-01%7E1973-01-01/1.
- "Kings of Imereti and heirs to the throne, Official site of House of Bagrationi - Imereti". http://www.royalhouseofbagrationi.com/en/2017/02/05/kings-of-imereti/,.