Global Initiatives Symposium in Taiwan
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 31 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Global_Initiatives_Symposium_in_Taiwan. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Global_Initiatives_Symposium_in_Taiwan, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Global_Initiatives_Symposium_in_Taiwan.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (April 2017)
The Global Initiatives Symposium in Taiwan or GIS Taiwan is an international conference organized by university students in Taiwan. GIS Taiwan hopes to gather innovative ideas from fellow students around the world to address current issues faced by the international community. The official language of GIS is English.
About GIS Taiwan
As students studying in National Taiwan University, which is the highest ranked university in Taiwan (University World Rank 141, 2008), GIS Taiwan host team feels that it is their responsibility to reciprocate the society which has offered incalculable amount of resources to cultivate leaders of the next generation.
Taiwan possesses great energy in academic and corporate innovation. Developments in information technologies (World Rank 2, 2008), medical sciences and industrial designing has considerable influence on the international community. These advantages have prompted the host team's awareness to improve the welfare of the global village.
GIS believes that through an international conference, an opportunity can be offered to university students as them to gather innovative ideas in the land of Taiwan. And through exchanges and discussions, pragmatic experiences can be acquired, and effective solutions can be generated to address current issues in a feasible manner.
GIS aims to provide a platform for future leaders to ignite the creativity of the participants and to initiate possibilities of a better world.
Standing on the basis of Taiwan, GIS seeks to gather present and potential future leaders of the world to share their forward looking, concrete and innovative ideas and awareness on both regional and global scale. Further, through discussing feasible and effective approaches to the challenges and trends the global community faces, they wish to see actions being taken in a sure-footed manner.
- To provide a Taiwan-based platform for global interaction.
- To share views and responses from all parts of the world to major global challenges today.
- To integrate theories and practice of various academic disciplines, thereby making a difference through political, technological and commercial channels.
- To form a global network between students and leaders of the world, in the prospect of this borderless network would serve as a think tank.
- To become the bridge through which students are connected to governments, enterprises and the third sector.
- To enhance regional awareness of participants, thus stimulates the development of potential regional actions.
GIS hopes that the symposium in Taiwan would initiate ideas and expand the attendees’ horizons in this ever-changing global community. Through the symposium, GIS hopes that they can make our Earth, our small planet on which all things lives, a better place.
- "About NTU, Brief History, Prospects "
- "Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan, (2008)"
- "How Technology Sectors Grow: Benchmarking IT Industry Competitiveness 2008"
- "Taiwan, Rank of Hospitals by Country, Ranking on the Web"
- "Taiwan’s Industrial Technology Innovation"
- "Taiwan’s Industrial Development Strategies"
- "About GIS Taiwan "
- Global Initiatives Symposium in Taiwan (GIS Taiwan) Website
- GIS Taiwan Facebook Fan
- GIS Taiwan Facebook Group
- GIS Taiwan Blog
- GIS Taiwan Blog (Chinese)