John Edward James
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 25 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:John_Edward_James. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/John_Edward_James, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/John_Edward_James.
|Born||June 7, 1981|
|Education||University of Michigan Template:Small|
|Political party||Republican Party|
John Edward James (born June 7, 1981) is an American businessman from Oakland County, Michigan and an exploratory primary candidate for the 2018 US Senate. John is a conservative Republican. John is the President of Renaissance Global Logistics and James Group International, a $137 million company, headquartered in Detroit.
Education, military service, and business career
At 17, John made the decision to serve his country. After graduating from West Point in 2004, he became a Ranger-qualified aviation officer. John went on to serve with distinction in Operation Iraqi Freedom where he earned a Combat Action Badge (CAB) and two Air Medals, among other awards, while logging 744.3 flight hours in theater leading two Apache platoons.
After eight years of service to the nation, John James was honorably discharged and returned to Michigan to work in the family business: James Group International. Currently its President, John as led the company from $35 million to $137 million in revenue while creating 100 additional jobs in Michigan and around the country since 2012. James Group International was named one of the fastest growing companies in the State of Michigan in 2015.
On Tuesday, July 18th, 2017, in front of employees at his company (Renaissance Global Logistics) John launched a video announcing his exploration to run as a member of the Republican Party in the 2018 Election for US Senate for the State of Michigan. 
According to a website paid for by John James for Senate, Inc, John [is a pro-life, pro-Second Amendment, pro-business conservative who has demonstrated energetic leadership, clarity of vision and a passion for service from the battlefield to the boardroom. John James is a proven servant-leader who will represent all Michiganders and help unify Washington.]
In addition to his Bachelor of Science from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, John has earned a Master of Supply Chain Management and Information Systems from Penn State University and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Michigan. John is also a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
A recipient of numerous business awards, including The Michigan Chronicle’s Class of 2014 “40 Under 40” and DBusiness magazine’s “30 in Their Thirties” in 2012. John is a board member of many organizations, including the Michigan Council for Future Mobility, Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council, National Veteran Business Development Council and Detroit Workforce Development Board.
John, and his wife Elizabeth reside in Farmington Hills, Michigan, and have two sons, Hudson, 2, and John, 3. The James’s are active members of Brightmoor Christian Church in Novi, Michigan.
- "12. James Group International Inc." (in en). Crain's Detroit Business. 2015-08-09. http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20150809/AWARDS1415/150809894/12-james-group-international-inc.
- John James (2017-07-18), Service - John James for US Senate, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REE1fgDgOPc&feature=youtu.be, retrieved 2017-08-25
- "Businessman, vet John James files for U.S. Senate" (in en). Detroit News. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/18/john-james-republican-senate-stabenow-businessman/103787684/.
- "Meet John" (in en-US). John James for Senate. https://johnjamesforsenate.com/meet-john/.
- "Michigan Chronicle Honors 40 Under 40 African American Leaders". 2014-10-21. https://michronicleonline.com/2014/10/21/meet-the-michigan-chronicles-40-under-40-class-of-2014/.
- "30 in Their Thirties 2012" (in en). http://www.dbusiness.com/September-October-2012/30-in-Their-Thirties/#.WZ91MLKGPIW.