Jonas Max Ferris
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 19 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Jonas_Max_Ferris. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jonas_Max_Ferris, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jonas_Max_Ferris.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Template:BLP primary sources BLP sources
|Jonas Max Ferris|
September 13, 1971|
Southfield, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Occupation||TV personality, economist, columnist|
|Spouse(s)||Dagen McDowell (m. 2005)|
Jonas Max Ferris (born September 13, 1971, Southfield, Massachusetts) is an economist, investment advisor, and Fox News economic analyst who regularly appears as a panelist on Fox Business' Channel stocks and investment news program Cashin' In. Ferris joined Fox Business Network (FBN) as a panelist on the stocks investment/news program Cashin' In in 2002. He provides financial advice and services to consumers, and founded MAXFunds.com.
Ferris was raised in Greenwich Village, New York City. In 1993, he graduated from Manhattanville College after which he worked for several funds: Bull & Bear Fund and American Heritage Fund. In 1997, he graduated from the University of Georgia Business School. He co-founded with his University of Georgia classmate Jason Burr, the Ann Arbor, Michigan-based Maxfunds.com Inc. MaxFunds focuses on providing information on new and small funds that are generally not covered by the major publications and have less of a performance record.
Ferris was criticized in the wake of the murder of Jamal Khashoggi for saying about Saudi Arabia that it "is one of the safest places to be a journalist in the world." He defended Saudi Arabia on the basis of its contributions to the US economy, including investments in Silicon Valley.
- Max, Jonas (2006-05-18). "The Case for Spying - FOX Fan". FOXNews.com. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196022,00.html. Retrieved 2010-02-13.
- Max, Jonas (2006-08-24). "Affording College: Your Questions Answered - FOX Fan". FOXNews.com. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210348,00.html. Retrieved 2010-02-13.
- "Jonas Ferris on Meeting, Marrying Dagen McDowell". May 5, 2011. https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4138591/#sp=show-clips.
- Cruz, Humberto (May 21, 2000). "Maxing Out Fund Facts". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-2000-05-21-0005190861-story.html.
- Friedman, Josh (July 11, 2000). "Irreverent Maxfunds Is Worth a Look". Los Angeles Times. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-jul-11-fi-51124-story.html.
- Johnson, Timothy. "Fox News downplays Khashoggi's murder: “Saudi Arabia is one of the safest places to be a journalist in the world”" (in en). https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-nation/fox-news-downplays-khashoggis-murder-saudi-arabia-one-safest-places-be-journalist-world.