- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 13 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Josie_Harris. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Josie_Harris, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Josie_Harris.
|Josie L. Harris|
January 17, 1980|
Las Vegas, Nevada
|Education||Green Valley High School|
|Occupation||Former actress; mother|
|Notable credit(s)||Starter Wives Confidential|
|Children||Zion, Koraun, and Jirah|
Josie L. Harris (born January 17, 1980) is the mother of three children with Floyd Mayweather Jr., and the ex-girlfriend of Mayweather. Harris lives in Los Angeles with her three kids. Harris starred in Starter Wives Confidential.
Early life & family
Josie was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada where she attended Green Valley High School in Henderson. Harris met Mayweather when she was 17. They were childhood sweethearts, but, following incidents of domestic violence, she is now his ex-girlfriend. They have three children: Zion, Koraun, and Jirah.
Relationship with Mayweather
Harris says she was physically abused by Mayweather on six separate occasions. In 2005, Mayweather was charged with felony battery over an incident with Harris, in which Harris told police that Mayweather punched her, kicked her, and dragged her by her hair. Harris later recanted that statement during trial, and Mayweather was found not guilty. Harris claims Mayweather would pick out the clothes he wanted her to wear, would scan her cell phone to see who she was talking to, and convinced her that he was "my only friend."
On September 9, 2010, Mayweather and Josie Harris had an altercation at Harris' house. The police were called twice, first around 3 AM and then again, resulting in Floyd's eventual arrest, around 5 AM. According to the police report, Mayweather had read text messages, several of which were from former Chicago Bulls point guard CJ Watson. Mayweather was let into Harris house with an associate, James McNair, by Koraun, while Harris was asleep on the couch. Mayweather then punched and kicked Harris, according to the statements of Harris and the children. Koraun snuck out of his room to inform security to call police. Koraun wrote a note describing how Mayweather beat Harris in 2010. Harris was later treated at a hospital. The report from Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center says Harris suffered a head injury, plus multiple bruises to her face, scalp and forearm. Yet Harris declined to testify against Mayweather, in December 2011, to spare him jail time for the sake of their children. Nevertheless, as a result of this incident, Mayweather spent 90 days in jail.
Harris gave an in-depth interview with USA today in 2014, regarding her abusive relationship with Mayweather.
In May 2015, Harris filed a lawsuit against Mayweather for defamation, relating to an interview he gave with Katie Couric.
Harris now lives 50 miles northwest of Los Angeles.
Harris has written a book that she hopes to publish in 2015. The book is to be titled Undisputed L'UV. By writing the book, Harris wants to set the record straight regarding her relationship with Mayweather. Mayweather allegedly deleted her instagram account over the book.
- "Floyd Mayweather's Baby Mama Josie Harris". http://fabwags.com/?p=5399. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Rogers, Martin. "Life with Floyd Mayweather: 'I was a battered woman'". http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2014/11/18/floyd-mayweather-josie-harris-domestic-abuse/19221605/. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Docetoni, Guy. "Floyd Mayweather Jr’s Kids: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". http://heavy.com/sports/2015/05/floyd-mayweather-children-ages-mothers-domestic-violence/. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Scott, Nate. "Floyd Mayweather, domestic violence, and the decision all sports fans must make". http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/mayweather-pacquaio-domestic-violence. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Floyd Mayweather’s Ex Josie Harris Details Abusive Past With The Boxer". http://www.vibe.com/2014/11/floyd-mayweathers-josie-harris/. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Moskovitz, Diana. "Here's Floyd Mayweather's Son's Note Telling How His Dad Beat His Mom". http://deadspin.com/heres-floyd-mayweathers-sons-note-telling-how-his-dad-b-1701548806. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Almasy, Steve. "Floyd Mayweather sued by ex-girlfriend Josie Harris for $20 million". http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/05/us/floyd-mayweather-lawsuit-former-girlfriend/index.html. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- Brown, Larry. "Josie Harris says Floyd Mayweather deleted her Instagram account over tell-all book". http://larrybrownsports.com/gossip/josie-harris-floyd-mayweather-instagram-book/240755. Retrieved 5 May 2015.