- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 28 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:KoodibooK. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/KoodibooK, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/KoodibooK.
KoodibooK is a UK-based company providing self-publishing and print-on-demand software and services. By downloading and using its KoodibooK Studio, users access photographs stored locally or online at sources such as Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, Facebook and MySpace, then create photobooks, scrapbooks, storybooks or yearbooks which can be shared online, and/or published in print.
KoodibooK Studio is a Microsoft Windows application used to produce the photobook and publish them to the company's web site. Once online, photobooks can be viewed on any device with Internet access, such as smartphones, tablets and desktop web browsers. Users can purchase books on a one-off basis or sell them to others via the web site.
The website launched on July 15, 2010. The team had been involved in the visualisation and digitisation of treasure books at the British Library. Here, they observed that similar techniques could be applied to the wider book market. KoodibooK's development also coincided with rapid growth forecast for the digital reader market.
KoodibooK Studio is software designed for creating new books. Before it is published, a book in progress can be previewed using a full three-dimensional model, browsed page by page and viewed from any angle.
It runs on XP, Vista and Windows7, enabling users to access photos from many online content providers, including Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, SmugMug, Photobucket, MySpace, Bebo, PhotoBox, Google, Bing and Yahoo, as well as local disks—CDs, DVDs and so forth.
Mobile users view and buy their books on Windows Phone 7.
- "Photo book provider KoodibooK launches in U.K.". PMA Newsline. May 14, 2010. http://pmanewsline.com/2010/05/14/photo-book-provider-koodibook-launches-in-u-k/. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- "Photos at the heart of social networking site". SouthwestBusiness.co.uk. June 3, 2010. http://www.southwestbusiness.co.uk/technology/Photos-heart-social-networking-site/article-2259272-detail/article.html. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- "KoodibooK Launches Business in Bath". SouthWest Business. Jun 03, 2010. http://www.southwestbusiness.co.uk/technology/Photos-heart-social-networking-site/article-2259272-detail/article.html. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- "The Power of WPF in the Browser". Different Things. Jan 31, 2007. http://differentthings.wordpress.com/2007/01/31/the-power-of-wpf-in-the-browser/. Retrieved 2010-11-08.
- How Big Is The eReader Opportunity? from Forrester Research