Lutron Electronics Company
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 25 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Lutron_Electronics_Company. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lutron_Electronics_Company, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Lutron_Electronics_Company.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Advertising? Template:Third party
Lutron Electronics Company, Inc. is a privately held corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells lighting control systems and a variety of other related products. Its worldwide operations are headquartered in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, in the Lehigh Valley region of the state.
In 1959, Lutron's founder and owner Joel Spira invented the world's first solid state dimmer, which served as the basis of Lutron's early business. Since that time, Lutron has expanded its offerings to over 15,000 products.
Honors and Awards
CEDIA Product Hall of Fame
|Induction Year||Product Family||Product Introduced to Market|
- "Patent US3032688 - Dimming device - Google Patents". Google.com. http://www.google.com/patents/US3032688. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "History of Lutron - Growth & Prosperity of the Light Control Industry". Lutron.com. http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Company-Info/Pages/AboutUS/OurStory.aspx. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Patent US4207497 - Ballast structure for central high frequency dimming apparatus - Google Patents". Google.com. 1978-12-05. https://www.google.com/patents/US4207497. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Patent US5905442 - Method and apparatus for controlling and determining the status of ... - Google Patents". Google.com. http://www.google.com/patents/US5905442. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Patent US5982103 - Compact radio frequency transmitting and receiving antenna and control ... - Google Patents". Google.com. http://www.google.com/patents/US5982103. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "CEDIA’s Product Hall of Fame: Indulge Your Industry Nostalgia". Cedia.net. 2012-09-05. http://www.cedia.net/insights/cedia-blog-detail/blog/2012/09/05/cedias-product-hall-of-fame-indulge-your-industry-nostalgia. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Awards, Recognitions, and Achievements". Lutron.com. 2015-03-06. http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Company-Info/Pages/News/Awards-Recognitions/Awards-Recognitions.aspx. Retrieved 2015-05-14.