- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 20 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Norma_Macias. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Norma_Macias, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Norma_Macias.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (September 2019)
Macias was elected in November 2009. She graduated from Cal State LA with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy and obtained a Masters degree in Architecture from The Catholic University of America. Macias is also a founding member of the El Monte Coalition of Latino Professionals.
In 2012, Macias ran for Representative of California Congressional District 32, with her main priorities being jobs, protecting Medicare, reducing the debt, and ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. However, she withdrew from the campaign before the primaries.
Macias was a major proponent of the passing of Measure F on November 6, 2012, which repealed the Mobile Home Tenant Rent Assistance Program, which barred the city from making any kind of inquiry into rents or imposing rent control on local mobile home parks. Measure F passed with 50.20% of the vote.
Macias was reelected in 2013 with 40.22% of the vote.
- "Norma Macias". Ballotpedia. http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Norma_Macias. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- Template:Dead link
- "California's 32nd congressional district elections, 2012". Ballotpedia. http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/California%27s_32nd_congressional_district_elections,_2012. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- Velazquez, Maritza. "El Monte measure on rent control at mobile home parks garners few donations - San Jose Mercury News". Mercurynews.com. http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_21804225/www.siliconvalley.com/ces?source=inthenews. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- "Measure F: El Monte Fairness For Mobilehome Owners Ordinance - Los Angeles County, CA". Smartvoter.org. http://www.smartvoter.org/2012/11/06/ca/la/meas/F/. Retrieved 2013-10-04.