- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 29 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:OmiseGO. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/OmiseGO, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/OmiseGO.
OmiseGO's stated objective is to provide better financial services for everyone, including both people who use traditional banking services and people in developing countries and locales which lack traditional banking infrastructure.
OmiseGO Pte Ltd is a subsidiary of Omise Pte Ltd, a payments processor in south-east Asia.
OmiseGO was started by Jun Hasegawa and Donnie Harinsut, the founders of Omise, in 2017. OmiseGO's initial coin offering in 2017 raised over USD $25 million, turning down over USD $100 million in the process,
The publicised plan for the OmiseGO blockchain was to be a fully on-chain and massively-scalable decentralised exchange, liquidity provider mechanism, clearinghouse messaging network, and an asset-backed blockchain gateway.
It was scheduled for launch in Q4 2017, but is not yet operational.
- Leesa-Nguansuk, Suchit (1 August 2017). "OmiseGo opens up e-wallet payments". http://www.bangkokpost.com/tech/local-news/1297839/omisego-opens-up-e-wallet-payments.
- Rusell, Jon (30 May 2017). "Omise to raise $19M in first cryptocurrency sale from a major VC-backed startup". https://techcrunch.com/2017/05/30/omise-to-raise-19m-in-first-cryptocurrency-sale-from-a-major-vc-backed-startup/.
- Cuen, Leigh (31 May 2017). "Initial Coin Offerings Go Mainstream: Omise and Kik Announce Cryptocurrency Sales". http://www.ibtimes.com/initial-coin-offerings-go-mainstream-omise-kik-announce-cryptocurrency-sales-2546147.
- Russell, Jon. "The first ICO unicorns are here" (in en). TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/31/the-first-ico-unicorns-are-here/.
- Allison, Ian (18 September 2017). "Ethereum stalwarts Digix Global and OmiseGO back Japan's GB Blockchain Labs". http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ethereum-stalwarts-digix-global-omisego-back-japans-gb-blockchain-labs-1639724.
- Russell, Jon. "Fintech startup Omise raises $25M in ICO that bucks ‘money grabbing’ trend" (in en). TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/05/omise-go-ico-25-million-omg/.
- Cuen, Leigh (8 September 2017). "What Vitalik Buterin Says About Initial Coin Offerings". http://www.ibtimes.com/what-vitalik-buterin-says-about-initial-coin-offerings-2587720.