- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 3 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Raj_Chowdhury. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Raj_Chowdhury, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Raj_Chowdhury.
|Native name||রাজর্ষি চৌধুরি|
July 8, 1983|
|Education||Masters of Science|
Santa Clara University
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, author, inventor, investor|
|Known for||Author of The Dark Secret of the Silicon Valley|
Raj Chowdhury (Bengali: রাজর্ষি চৌধুরি; born July 8, 1983) is an American entrepreneur, inventor, venture capitalist, and writer. He is the author of the book The Dark Secret of the Silicon Valley, a story of an immigrant who becomes the partner of a venture capital firm in San Francisco. He is the co-founder of several high tech and web based companies. Chowdhury was research associate at MIT's Microsystems Technology Lab and earned an MS, MBA and other certificationsTemplate:Which. He is a member of Asha Silicon Valley chapter, a non-profit committed to the spread of education for children in emerging countries.
Early life and education
Chowdhury was born and raised in the city of Kolkata. He is the only child of Sukla Chowdhury, a former social worker and Joy Chowdhury, the owner of a construction company in India.
Chowdhury graduated from the School of Engineering at Tufts University. There, he worked at the Human Robot Interaction Lab researching affective control and evolution interactions between effect and cognitive robots for human robot interactions, developing multi-scale agent based cognitive modelling architecture for complex robots.
During his graduate research, he worked at the Microsystems Technology Lab (MTL) at MIT in the field of MEMS, electronic and photonics devices and nanotechnology areas. He was also a researcher at the Advanced Materials Processing Lab (AMPL) which fosters interdisciplinary research at the forefront of materials science.
Chowdhury attended The Fletcher School of International Law and Diplomacy, the oldest school in the United States dedicated solely to graduate studies in international affairs. He earned his MBA at the Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University.
Chowdhury has taken up the role of Managing Director at HashCash Consultants, a Blockchain Technology company registered in US and India. It builds banking products that integrate with blockchain platforms such as Stellar (payment network), Ethereum, R3 (company) Corda, Hyperledger Fabric and Hyperledger Sawtooth Lake. HashCash works with banks in Middle East, Singapore and India to integrate core banking systems to a middleware that allows for maximum reusability of their existing applications such as the ones that handle compliance and regulatory requirements. Its product portfolio includes blockchain based banking applications that handle Remittance, Trade finance, Payment processor and Payment Wallet. It runs a Bitcoin payment processor and cryptocurrency wallet in the US.
Innovation Head at ICICI Bank
Chowdhury headed the technical innovation team at ICICI Bank in Mumbai, India. This team is the first in the country and among a few globally to carry out cross border trade finance and remittance transaction using Blockchain technology with Emirates NBD. In addition, his team had put together programs that will let people transfer money inside and outside the country through the Stellar (payment network) blockchain platform, co-founded by Jed McCaleb. He is a founding member of BankChain, the Blockchain Consortium of Indian and Middle Eastern banks and financial institutions.
Chowdhury is an investor at Fintech companies focused in the area of Blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies and innovative payment solutions. His current portfolio of startups are working on creating Blockchain Technology solutions for financial institutions and supply chain companies, bitcoins marketplaces and payment processors and cryptocurrency wallets. Chowdhury's view on bitcoins and cryptocurrencies was stated in Economic Times publication and highlighted in his talk at Economic Times CIO forum. He is a foremost voice in cryptoeconomics in India and engages with industry and government policy makers to create regulatory framework in the area of blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
Chowdhury co-founded Unification Energy; a company which provides charging station infrastructure for electric vehicles. In addition, Unification installs solar panels at residences and businesses to offset additional electricity demanded by electric vehicles.
Chowdhury authored the book The Dark Secret of the Silicon Valley, which is a true story of an immigrant who worked his way up to become the partner of a well-known venture capital firm in San Francisco. The majority owner of the firm, a notorious Silicon Valley billionaire, who is also an early investor in Google and Facebook, starts to think of him as his wunderkind and shares with him his darkest secrets of financial trickery. The unique and aggressive techniques used by this billionaire, revealed in this book, is cringe inducing and would leave the reader baffled as to what lengths this man would go to see his money grow.
Battery Replacement Unit
Inventors: Sagar Chandra, MS; Chowdhury, MS
The size of the battery pack and their arrangement decides the amount of total power and the voltage they can deliver to run a vehicle. These battery pack can vary in size based on the required capacity and can become very heavy. Handling of these battery packs, moving them around, accessing the vehicle to replace them are all part of the design challenges for the operation of a successful battery replacement unit.
This invention is a complete end to end solution from when the vehicle enters the Battery Replacement Unit with a used (discharged completely or partially) battery pack and leaves with a charged battery pack based on the requirement of the driver. The communication with the driver is established at the user interface and business transaction is implemented. Along with the design aspects of the system, the invention gives a detailed operational sequence for the battery replacement unit.
Power Enhancing Device
Inventors: Chowdhury, MS; Sumit Patankar, MS
The setup comprises mounted piezoelectric element placed under one or multiple keys of the keypad of a portable device (such as a laptop computer or a cell phone), which converts mechanical energy of typing into electrical energy. The electrical energy is then used to charge the Li-ion (or other batteries) of the portable device by the accompanying circuitry.
Chowdhury is a member of the non-profit, Asha committed to the spread of education for children in emerging countries. He stewarded the After School Program at Gohaldanga village in West Bengal, India. The aim of the GRSV project is to promote education, ethics, health care and economy among these socially backward communities of Gohaldanga and the surrounding 20 villages.
- Wong, Peter (April 16, 2006). "PETER Y. WONG". Tufts University. http://www.tufts.edu/~pwong/Wong2008.pdf. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- Ultrasonic Consolidation of Rapidly Solidified AZ91D Powders. Tufts University. April 23, 2006. https://books.google.com/books?id=DxdwMgAACAAJ&source=gbs_navlinks_s&hl=en. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Majumder, Sayan (September 24, 2006). "Raj Chowdhury". Chowdhury Foundation. http://www.rajchowdhury.com/interactive-resume.html. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- Doumanidis, Haris (March 1, 2013). "Multiscale Manufacturing of Fractals". Purdue University. http://nanohub.org/resources/17388/download/2013.02.28-Doumanidis-IE.pdf. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- Majumder, Sayan (August 4, 2017). "ICICI Bank’s Prominent Blockchain Expert Raj Chowdhury quits, joins HashCash Consultants". http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/08/prweb14569183.htm. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- Roy, Abhishek (June 4, 2017). "About Us". http://hashcashconsultants.com/team.html. Retrieved August 7, 2017.
- Higgins, Stan (October 12, 2016). "Emirates NBD, ICICI Complete Cross-Border Blockchain Transaction". http://coindesk.com/emirates-icici-complete-cross-border-blockchain-transaction/. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Hackett, Robert (December 6, 2016). "The nonprofit fintech firm has partners in India, the Philippines, Africa, and Europe". http://fortune.com/2016/12/06/fintech-stellar-blockchain-stripe-remittances/. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Metz, Cade (December 6, 2016). "Stellar Emerges From Shadow of Bitcoin to Find a Home Overseas". https://www.wired.com/2016/12/bitcoin-stellar/. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Allison, Ian (December 6, 2016). "Stellar connects with ICICI Bank and offers cross-border payments in India, Africa and Philippines". http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/stellar-connects-icici-bank-offers-cross-border-payments-india-africa-philippines-1595052. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- m, Gautham (December 6, 2016). "ICICI Bank and Others Partner with Stellar to Offer Blockchain Based Fund Transfer". http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/12/06/icici-bank-and-others-partner-with-stellar-to-offer-blockchain-based-fund-transfer/. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Rawat, Vartika (June 8, 2017). "BankChain: From surviving disruption to thriving in it". https://cfo.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/bankchain-from-surviving-disruption-to-thriving-in-it/59036071. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- Rawat, Vartika (May 9, 2017). "Bitcoin: On the path to respectability". https://cfo.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/bitcoin-on-the-path-to-respectability/58590490/. Retrieved May 12, 2017.
- Mishra, Ashwani (May 10, 2017). "The 2nd ETCIO BFSI Digital Conclave". http://cio.economictimes.indiatimes.com/bfsi-conclave#speakers/. Retrieved May 12, 2017.
- Verma, Ashish (June 15, 2017). "Paynext Insights 2017". http://bankingfrontiers.com/event/paynext2017/#speakers. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- Shruti, Shetty (June 8, 2017). "FinTechX 2017". http://www.iamaifintechx.in/. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- Kapoor, Gunjan (June 24, 2017). "India Blockchain Mastermind 2017". http://inibm.in/#speakers. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- Gupta, Reema (June 21, 2017). "Blockchain Technology Insights". http://isb.edu/ISBBCS/speakers. Retrieved June 29, 2017.
- Majumder, Sayan (December 2, 2014). "Unification Energy". http://www.unificationenergy.com/. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Kamenec, Kara (December 7, 2011). "ShopABlock to Launch "Style Blocks" – A New Social Commerce Feature". Daily Deal Media. http://www.dailydealmedia.com/972shopablock-to-launch-%E2%80%9Cstyle-blocks%E2%80%9D-new-social-commerce-feature/. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Dhindsa, Simrat (March 10, 2012). "ShopABlock.com Shoppers Peek in to the Future of Slothful Shopping". PRweb. http://www.prweb.com/releases/shopablock/shopping/prweb9013112.htm. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Bezos, Jeff (November 23, 2014). "The Dark Secret of the Silicon Valley: A Billionaire's Accomplice Confesses his Partner's Crimes". Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/The-Dark-Secret-Silicon-Valley-ebook/dp/B00Q3KLXXY. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- Chandra, Sagar (December 16, 2008). "BATTERY REPLACEMENT UNIT". Chowdhury Foundation. http://www.rajchowdhury.com/battery-replacement-unit.html. Retrieved December 27, 2014.
- Patankar, Sumit (March 12, 2008). "POWER ENHANCING DEVICE". Chowdhury Foundation. http://www.rajchowdhury.com/power-enhancing-device.html. Retrieved December 27, 2008.
- "Asha for Education: Bringing hope through education (Silicon Valley)". October 10, 2014. http://www.ashanet.org/siliconvalley/. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- "Gohaldanga Ramkrishna Sarada Vivekananda Seva Kendra". August 5, 2013. http://www.ashanet.org/projects/project-view.php?p=958. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Victor, Ron (June 1, 2008). "GRSV-After school program for Dalit and Tribal children". Vibha: A Brighter Future for Children. http://projects.vibha.org/projects/after-school-program-dalit-and-tribal-children/. Retrieved December 26, 2014.