- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 29 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ryan_Born. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ryan_Born, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ryan_Born.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Emory University|
|Known for||Innovation, entrepreneurship|
Ryan Born is an Internet entrepreneur best known as the founder and CEO of YouTube rights management company AdRev. Born is quoted in media sources as a commentator on entrepreneurship, especially as related to venture capital-backed startups in Southern California.
Born started his career working for corporations including Pricewaterhouse Coopers, and was VP of Finance for WireImage.com when that firm was acquired by Getty Images for $200 Million Born later Angel invested in Internet Marketing, Inc. and NewCondosOnline.com and then worked as this startup’s CFO before embarking on the founding of multiple companies including AdRev.
Born is a serial entrepreneur having founded and headed multiple startup companies and launched several independent brands in media-related software. In 2008 Born founded AudioMicro, a database of royalty free music and sound effects. AudioMicro received first round funding from Draper Fisher Jurvetson in 2008, and second round funding from Fotolia in 2011. Zealot Networks purchased a majority stake in AudioMicro for $20 Million in 2014. In 2010, Born founded Audioo, a service that lets people publicly share their voicemail messages. Born also launched ImageCollect (a celebrity picture micro-marketplace) in 2011.
Born is the founder and CEO of AdRev, a service that provides content moneization for content owners whose material is being used on YouTube, and administers music copyrights and monetization on 25+ million YouTube videos.
- "The Evolving YouTube Economy: Why AdRev Acquired DashGo". SonicScoop. 17 December 2014. http://www.sonicscoop.com/2014/12/17/the-evolving-youtube-economy-why-adrev-acquired-dashgo/. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Ryan Born – Founder of AudioMicro". ideamensch. 21 January 2010. https://ideamensch.com/ryan-born/. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Getty snaps up WireImage". Hollywood Reporter. 23 February 2007. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/getty-snaps-up-wireimage-130770. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "A Short Fall Conversation With AudioMicro´s Ryan Born on Microstock Audio". stockphototalk. 22 October 2008. http://www.stockphototalk.com/phototalk/2008/10/audiomicro_ryan.html. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Interview of Ryan Born, Founder of Audioo". 22 October 2008. http://www.thestartupangel.com/2011/08/26/interview-of-ryan-born-founder-of-audioo/. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "AudioMicro Gets First Funding Round From DFJ Frontier". Gigaom. 22 October 2008. https://gigaom.com/2008/10/22/audiomicro-gets-first-funding-round-from-dfj-frontier/. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- "Stock Photo Company Fotolia Pumps $750,000 Into Stock Music Site AudioMicro". Techcrunch. 1 February 2011. https://techcrunch.com/2011/02/01/stock-photo-company-fotolia-pumps-750000-into-stock-music-site-audiomicro/. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Danny Zappin’s Zealot Networks Takes Majority Stake in AudioMicro". The Video Ink. 18 December 2014. http://www.thevideoink.com/news/danny-zappins-zealot-networks-buys-content-licensing-firm-audiomicro/. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "Maker Studios Founder Danny Zappin Is Back in Business and Buying Companies. Here’s His First Deal.". re/code. 18 December 2014. http://recode.net/2014/12/18/maker-studios-founder-danny-zappin-is-back-in-business-and-buying-companies-heres-his-first-deal/. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- "Privacy Death Watch: Two Startups Want To Make Your Email And Voicemail Public". businessinsider. 10 June 2010. http://www.businessinsider.com/privacy-death-watch-two-startups-want-to-make-your-email-and-voice-mail-public-2010-6. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Not Disruptive Enough: Audioo Up For Sale". techcrunch. 1 November 2010. https://techcrunch.com/2010/11/01/not-disruptive-enough-audioo-up-for-sale/. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "Eight Months After Launch, ImageCollect Offers More Than 3.7 Million Celebrity Pictures". techcrunch. 15 November 2011. https://techcrunch.com/2011/11/15/eight-months-after-launch-imagecollect-offers-more-than-3-7-million-celebrity-pictures/. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "5 Questions with CEO Ryan Born of AudioMicro/AdRev". manattdigitalmedia. 5 January 2015. http://www.manattdigitalmedia.com/5-questions-with-ceo-ryan-born-of-audiomicroadrev-exclusive-qa/#sthash.4O5EpYmV.y8v0stg6.dpbs. Retrieved 17 April 2015.