- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 4 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sakit_Mammadov. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sakit_Mammadov, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sakit_Mammadov.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (August 2015)
Sakit Mammadov (born August 5, 1958) is an Azerbaijani artist, member of the Union of Artists of UNESCO, and an academic.
Sakit Mammadov was born in August 5, 1958 in Neftchala and in 1978 graduated from the Azerbaijan State Art School named after A.Azimzadeh with honors. In 1978-1980 he served in the military. In 1981, he admitted in the Painting department of the Leningrad Academy of Art and in 1987 graduated from it with honors. Sakit Mammadov engaged in artistic creativity activity for more than 30 years and he was participant of exhibitions held at the world's most prestigious art halls, galleries. Since 1988 he is a member of Azerbaijan Artists Union. Sakit Mammadov is a brilliant representative of the emerging generation of talented artists in the 80-es. He masters Russian and Turkish languages. Married and has 3 children and 3 grandchildren. His children Nizar Mammadov, Jasar Mammadov and Aynur Mammadova engaged in painting activity, too.
The works of Sakit Mamedov, being one of the prominent members of the art of Azerbaijan, are among the works that collectors want to get with pleasure in the world of museums, galleries, and the auctions. Craftsman is happy when his art gets a decent appreciation in his life. One need not to wish but get the happiness. In this sense, one can be the envy of the art of Sakit Mamedov. The question may be what is the reason of people’s such like of the artist's art by art lovers? Firstly, it should be noted that generally the creative people is accepted in different ways by those who knew his art. It is not coincidence that "the fate can be deleted by the sweat. Because the God appreciates the hard work, sweat" says Sakit Mammadov. "A true master should see the composition first in black and white and then in the colors" – says the master and we see theses thoughts of mater in compositions "Memory picture", "Game", "Training", "Fortune tellers", "Birthday", "Memories of Leningrad", "Long live Istanbul" "Holiday", "Wedding", "Metro", "Bus number 13", "Amateur" and so on. Looking at these works we may see how the craftsmanship is reflected in the indicator boards.
Those who are familiar with the work of Sakit Mamedov know that he often "dress" his heroes in clothes of his own imagination. We see the trend, which is familiar to us from in these pictures on clothes. Note that some of the artist's thematic paintings cannot be related to a particular thematic area. In these works the artist as if wants to show the epoch of his world. In one of his interviews Sakit Mammadov says: "How the man comes to the world? See a picture also is created in such a way. If any artist says that I have created the work by making the color on white linen, this idea is ridiculous. The composition requires a work of the brain. Man's birth, of course, is thought by God. The ear is the only human organ that takes the form in the mother's womb first. The God made it to transmit the information. The same situation is in the painting. In the composition whatever the artist first wants to see he works on it first ... ".- he said.
Although in thematic works of the artists who have the ability to observe the incident widely don’t show the thoughts of his characters, but it is clearly seen what they think. For example, in "Adam and Eve" work the purity, the purity of mankind was embodied in the people's faces with such high professionalism that it was impossible not to see the smile of the joy of the spectator paying the attention on it. In general, there are few people that "Adam and Eve" is not the subject of his interest or is not a subject of his discussion. Unlike the oral discussions, the creative people express their views on the subject in their art. The plot line is almost embodied the same in each artist's work. But when looked at Sakit Mammadov’s "Adam and Eve" his completely different approach to this issue is clearly seen. By showing the first inhabitants of the earth without the devil, leafless, without tree, the master takes out the subject from traditionalism and "dressed" it with new meaning by own idea. If we present the thoughts on the artist on the work, we believe that we would bring the light to the issue somewhat: "I wanted to describe Adam and Eve younger, unaware of the world, innocent characters, as a first love. Even if you pay attention I have described Adam and Eve without the belly, it also means that they were not born like other people. Or they say that every man gets his star in the sky, the sky is also described in the board, and I wanted to express the idea by drawing two stars". In the pictures of Eve theme we see that they use the warm colors opportunities in their works. Of course, the warm color is important factor to show the event described to make it look convincing. When to pay attention, we see that the artist tried to describe them in the color of soil, although not completely. It also comes from the fact that the artist wanted to show the concept of the creation of the man from soil just in a description of first humans.
A prominent Russian critic Andrei Bozhenov amazed from creates of artist and said "Sakit Mammadov's hand looks like a Renaissance artist's hands". Sakit Mamedov told about art: "The art of painting is a great art in my world. I think this is not the case of every human being to be engage with. Because this is the obvious art. I would say that this is the most difficult area of art where the audience here can see the color, the character and the feelings. This art is born as a man, lives the life. I liken the painting art to girl child. If someone buys the picture its fate is of my interest: which home it will be taken, what will wait for it?.
Many artists think that they ever lived. But one cannot say that their creation relates to some century. Artist should draw whatever he thinks. Imagine, God had created several million years the earth, man, but still he is search. After all, despite all men have eyes, nose, mouth, but they do not look like each other. At the same time there are similarities. Amazing, is not it? Some artists think that it is not possible to create something new since everything was drawn. Starting from artists of the Renaissance to the present day, they draw the man without leaving the frame. That's why he great geniality is to draw picture from characters you see everyday. A creative man that serves a real art has no concept of time. Sakit Mamedov’s "Good morning" work Tumblr was selected photo of the day on the social network. 
Opalism  is a school, a style the foundation of which was laid by academic artist Sakit Mammadov. Opalism word’s etymology was taken from the opal stone. This mineral stone that mean sparkling in ancient Greek striking appearance in Latin and as precious stones in Sanskrit, combining the colors just not are used like jewelry, but due to its medical, emergency and inspirational feature for thousands of years it is liked by the people. The warn color pattern in opal had won Sakit Mammadov’s admiration from the youth. It is no coincidence that almost in all his works the colors of stone is found. However, artist tried to prove that no artist had invented a new pattern other than those gifted to the nature by the God. In works of artist one can see that opal has very noble or blazing bolder, hydrofan type shades. However, the opal is emerged in the works created by the artist with gently drawing not like as type of gen but in dresses, head dresses, women's jewelry and other belongings. So, opal emerges with a new form in boards created by the artist. However, the good mood and healing nature created by the stone is felt in human in the pictures. The fact of proud is that the Opalism school created by Sakit Mamedov is presented by the students of the artist with high professionalism. No doubt, the style created by the artist along with his followers will be continued in future by the hundreds, thousands of artists living and creating in different countries around the world.
From 1987 until today had Sakit Mammadov exhibitions in different countries. In Azerbaijan, Turkey, Russia, Belarus, Sweden, Ukraine, Germany, France, Austria, Italy, Belgium, China, Egypt, Australia, England, Scotland, Georgia, Republic of Tatarstan, Singapore, in Portugal.
The chronology of exhibitions:
- 1989 - in the city of Minsk Youth Exhibition Belarus
- 1991 - in the city of Erzurum, exhibition of Azerbaijani artists Turkey
- 1993 - in the city of Kraków Exhibition Poland
- 1994 - in the city of Istanbul International Art Exhibition fire Turkey
- 1994 - in the city of Istanbul, Turkey solo exhibition
- 1995 - Exhibition in the city of Istanbul in Taksim Turkey
- 1996 - in the city of Moscow Exhibition Russia
- 1996 - in the city of Istanbul Exhibition "Kisch muzayedesi" Turkey
- 1997 - in the city of Stockholm solo exhibition Sweden
- 1998 - in the city of Kiev, Ukraine Exhibition of Azerbaijani artists
- 1999 - in the city of Berlin exhibition of Azerbaijan Artists Germany
- 2000 - dedicated in downtown Sydney, an exhibition to the Olympic Games in Australia
- 2001 - in the city of Strasbourg exhibition of Azerbaijani artists in the building of the European Council
- 2001 - in the city of Brussels Exhibition Kunstbeurs Belgium
- 2002 - in the city of Baku, Azerbaijan solo exhibition
- 2002 - personal exhibition in the city of Moscow in the exhibition hall "Na Solyanke" Russia
- 2004 - in the city of Paris exhibition of 20 Azerbaijani artists in the Museum of the French Senate
- 2004 - in the city of Baku exhibition, which is dedicated to the memory Gadzhi Seynalabdin Tagiyev, Azerbaijan
- 2005 - in the city of Seoul exhibition, which is devoted to the International Environmental Protection, South Korea
- 2005 - in the city of Baku exhibition "Italy through the eyes of Azerbaijani painter, Azerbaijan
- 2007 - Singapore Exhibition of famous painter in the Opera Gallery, were present: Mark Chagall, Yuri Gorbachev, Yuri Kuper, Sakit Mammadov
- 2007 - in the city of Istanbul Exhibition "Akdenislilik ve Gurbet", Turkey
- 2009 - in the city of Seoul, the 4 International exhibition in honor of the Silk Road, South Korea
- 2009 - in London exhibition of Azerbaijani painters, organized by "Buta Festival" exhibition in the Salon Sotbeys
- 2009 - individual exhibition in the city of Brussels in the building of the European Parliament, Belgium
- 2010 - in the city of Moscow Exhibition "Present and traditions" within the framework of the International Festival "Faith" in the gallery "Manege", Russia
- 2010Awarded by a medal individual in the city of Baku in exhibition salon "Gallery 1969", Azerbaijan, "Son of the Fatherland" and the prize "Dede Gorgud"
- 2010 - in the city of Gabala 1st International Exhibition of Arts, Azerbaijan
- 2011 - in the city of Gabala 2nd International Exhibition of Arts, Azerbaijan
- 2013 - in the city of Gabala 3rd International Exhibition of Arts, Azerbaijan
- 2013 - individual exhibition in the city of Baku in the middle of Haydar Aliyev, diploma of Union of artists of UNESCO, Azerbaijan
- 2014 - in the city of Shanghai international exhibition "In the name of peace", China
- 2014 - in the city of Lisbon winner of the International Festival of Arts "faith", 1 point, Portugal
- 2015 - in the city of Baku exhibition, which is organized by the World Academy of Arts, awarded with the title of the ordinary member of the World Academy of Arts and Medal of the Academy, Azerbaijan
- 2015 - in the city of Paris exhibition at the Louvre Museum, the Louvre Carousel "Big Golden Star" of the Alliance of Knights АТЕА, France
Awards and honors
- Honored artist of Azerbaijan
- Officer's Cross of the Alliance of the Cavaliers - Knights of the International Maltese Order
- Azerbaijani painters - man of the millennium
- Medal Son of the Fatherland
- Winners of the exhibition, which is carried out at the Museum of the Palace Dolmabachtsche
- Big Golden Ritterstern
- Winners Dede Gorgud
- Academician of the Russian Imperial Academy of Arts and the medal
- Ordinary Member of the Academy of European natural sciences
- Ordinary Member of the World Academy of Arts
- Honorable Professor EANS
- Senator Stern of the International Knights Alliance
- Medal Emperor Alexander 1 for the merits
- Medal Leonardo da Vinci
- Professor of the German Academy
- Mozart Medal
- Medal of the World Academy of Arts
- European Order of Glory
- Reward Faith 2010
- Gold Medal Italy
- Order of Friendship
- Medal of the Russian Imperial Academy of Arts
- Reward Faith 2014
- Big Goldener Stern
- Winners of the International exhibition "In the name of peace"
- Winner of the 3rd International Festival of the Arts in Gabala