- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 24 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Sandeep_Sawant. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sandeep_Sawant, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sandeep_Sawant.
Template:Use Indian English Sandeep Sawant is an Indian theatre, film and television personality. He is the director and script writer of the national award winning Marathi movie Shwaas. Sawant was one of the producers of Shwaas as well. Shwaas is his debut film. Sandeep Unnithan credits him to have resurrected Marathi cinema.
Sawant has made documentaries for television, some of which have been related to children. Mukta Rajadhyaksha comments that he has a flair for working with children that was manifest in his handling of Ashwin Chitle the boy who won the national award for best child artist for his portrayal of Parshya in Shwaas.
Sandeep Sawant's new Marathi movie 'Nadi Vahate' is completed recently. Concept, screenplay, dialogues and direction is by Sandeep Sawant. Him along with his wife Neeraja Patwardhan has produced the film 'Nadi Vahate'.
- Rajadhyaksha, Mukta (2004-10-09). "Breath of hope". Frontline. http://www.frontline.in/navigation/?type=static&page=flonnet&rdurl=fl2121/stories/20041022002609000.htm. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- Unnithan, Sandeep (2004-11-22). "Waiting to exhale Marathi film 'Shwaas' nominated as India's official entry for Oscars". India Today. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/shwaas-first-marathi-film-to-win-national-award-in-nearly-five-decades/1/195197.html. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- Deosthalee, Deepa (2012-06-04). "Aamchi Pichchur". Outlook. http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?280994. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- Mehar, Rajesh (2005-03-18). "Fresh Shwaas of air". The Hindu. http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/03/18/stories/2005031802410300.htm. Retrieved 4 May 2013.
- Nadi Vahate (2016), https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6454018/?ref_=nv_sr_1, retrieved 2017-01-26