- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on May 31 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Shashikant_Oak. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shashikant_Oak, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Shashikant_Oak.
Template:EngvarB BLP sources
|Shashikant Oak |
Shashikant Janardan Oak|
Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Other names||Shashi, Shashi Oak|
|Occupation||Wing commander (retired), researcher, author, public speaker.|
Janardan Oak Template:Small|
Mangala Oak Template:Small
|Relatives||P. N. Oak Template:Small|
Shashikant Oak (Template:Lang-mr) (born 31 July 1949) is a retired Wing Commander from the Indian Air Force. He has a great contribution in bringing the Nadi astrology system into limelight. For more than 18 years, he has been conducting an original research on the aforesaid system. His research includes various scientific angles, and has given the whole subject a new dimension.
Shashikant Oak was born on 31 July 1949 in Pune, Maharashtra. His father Janardan Oak was a wholesale cloth merchant in a township called Madhavnagar in an old princely state of Sangli in the southern Maharashtra. His mother Mangala Oak is a Keertankar. They belonged to a middle class Brahmin family. He is the eldest among three siblings, and has two younger sisters.
Shashikant's parents were the followers of Swami Pradyananand Saraswati, who has translated the great epic "Shri Ram Charit Manas" from Hindi into Marathi. Shashikant had a long lasting impact of this family Guru upon his personality and he also got initiated into spirituality by the grace of the Guru.
In his childhood he got initiated Om Namah Shivaya Mantra by one Gokhale Guruji, which made him go through some lifetime mystical experiences. The experiences were later written down by Shashikant in form of a novel, titled "Andhaar Chhaya".
Shashikant was destined to meet another spiritual Guru, called Yogi Ramsuratkumar in Thiruvannamalai. Much later, he met Chitale Baba, who is known for mastery on the supernatural powers. As per Chitale Baba's instructions, Shashikant went to the Himalayas.
Shashikant did his early schooling from a place called Islampur. Later he went to Seth Ratilal Vitthaldas Gosalia High School in Madhavnagar. After passing SSC with ordinary marks, he graduated from Chintamanrao College of Commerce, Sangli. He joined the Indian Air Force while studying in the 1st year of M.Com.
Service in Indian Air Force
Shashikant joined defence services as a 'Pilot Officer', in a Non- technical, accounts branch in 1971. As a part of service, Shashikant served in different parts of nation, including Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir Air field, New Delhi, Chandigarh, Pune, Kanpur, Coimbatore, Tambaram and Ludhiana. He retired from the Indian Air Force as Wing Commander.
Research on Nadi astrology
While posted in Tambaram Shashikant accidentally got introduced to Nadi astrology. Initially he disbelieved it, and examined the evidences by getting the text on the palm leaves read by experts. To conduct the original research, he has visited almost all the Nadi centres in India during last many years, apart from individually meeting a thousands of persons to take on account the firsthand experiences. He also initiated preparing a dictionary of ancient Tamil words which appear in the Nadi palm leaves. He also studied the claims of the rationalists and explored the possibilities of any substantiation in it. Over the past few years he has been instrumental in bringing out the subject to the notice of international researchers.
Upon much research in Nadi Astrology and considering the statistics of accuracy in the Nadi predictions, Shashikant arrived to certain conclusions which he has written down in his famous book, Nadi Predictions. His first book on the same topic in Marathi was published in 1994. He also presented a detailed paper called 'Comparative Study: Nostradamus and Nadi Granthas.' Shashikant mainly writes in Marathi, but has also written in Hindi and English, occasionally. Apart from writing several research oriented books and detailed articles in various languages; he also writes on various blog sites, and internet forums.
Apart from Nadi Astrology, Shashikant is also keenly interested in Automatic writing. He also learnt auto writing from Nan Umrigar, a Parsi lady form Pune, who said that Shashikant has the blessings of Meher Baba. Shashikant's father, Janardan Oak acted as a medium for Shashikant's Auto writings.
Shashikant has written several books and has given more than 1200 lectures so far.[when?] Most of his work has been published by various publications in the form of books and electronic media.
- नाडी ग्रंथ भविष्य 2008 Marathi Edition
- बोध अंधश्रद्धेचा – उर्फ नाडी भविष्याने केला अंनिसचा पराभव Marathi Edition १९९९
- Nadi Predictions 2006 English Edition:
- चौंका देनेवाला चमत्कार- नाडी ग्रंथ भविष्य 2006 Edn in Hindi:
- विज्ञान आणि अंधश्रद्धा निर्मूलन by Princ. Adwayanand Galatge in Marathi:
- विज्ञान आणि चमत्कार [भाग १ ला ]
- विज्ञान आणि चमत्कार [भाग २ रा ]
- विज्ञान आणि बुद्धिवाद
- प्रवचनकार मंगला ओक यांचा ब्लॉग
- मंगलाताई ओकांची महाभारतावरील प्रवचनमाला
- पुज्य चितळेबाबा साधक ब्लॉग
- आमचे चितळेबाबा करतात आत्मकथन ब्लॉग
- ज्ञान तपस्वी प्राचार्य अद्वयानंद गळतगे ब्लॉग- विज्ञान आणि अंधश्रद्धा निर्मूलन
- ज्ञान तपस्वी प्राचार्य अद्वयानंद गळतगे – "विज्ञान आणि बुद्धिवाद" पुस्तकाचा ब्लॉग
- Workshop on Nadi Granthas 2011– blog
- Nadi astrology study circle – Blog
- हिन्दी में नाडीग्रंथोंपर ब्लॉग
- "Naadi Guru | Shashikant oak". naadiguruonweb.org. http://www.naadiguruonweb.org/shashikant_oak.html. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "हिन्दी - नाड़ी ग्रंथ भविष्य - चौंका देनेवाला चमत्कार". shashioak.blogspot.in. http://shashioak.blogspot.in/. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "BookGanga: अंधारछाया-Andharchhaya by Shashikant Oak - Neha Prakashan". bookganga.com. http://www.bookganga.com/eBooks/Books/details/5134390740570954479?BookName=Andharchhaya. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "माझे नाडी ग्रंथ भविष्य लेखन कार्य भाग ३ | mr.upakram.org". mr.upakram.org. http://www.mr.upakram.org/node/1813. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "आमचे चितळेबाबा - आत्मकथन विभाग". chitalebaba.blogspot.com. http://chitalebaba.blogspot.com/. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "mymarathi - एक टुमदार गाव - माझे माधवनगर". mymarathi.com. http://www.mymarathi.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=896&Itemid=121. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "2. Peek At My Blog - हवाईदलातील दिवस - At A Glance - Shashikant Oak". shashioak.weebly.com. http://shashioak.weebly.com/2-peek-at-my-blog---2361235723662312234223542366234023682354-2342236723572360.html. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "माझे हवाईदलातील दिवस - Blog". sssffff.weebly.com. http://sssffff.weebly.com/. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "माझे नाडी ग्रंथ भविष्य लेखन कार्य भाग १ | mr.upakram.org". mr.upakram.org. http://mr.upakram.org/node/1802. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "माझे नाडी ग्रंथ भविष्य लेखन कार्य भाग २ | mr.upakram.org". mr.upakram.org. http://www.mr.upakram.org/node/1805. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "माझे नाडी ग्रंथ भविष्य लेखन कार्य भाग ४ | mr.upakram.org". mr.upakram.org. http://mr.upakram.org/node/1819. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "माझे नाडी ग्रंथ भविष्य लेखन कार्य भाग ५ | mr.upakram.org". mr.upakram.org. http://mr.upakram.org/node/2004. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "माझे नाडी ग्रंथ भविष्य लेखन कार्य भाग ६ | mr.upakram.org". mr.upakram.org. http://www.mr.upakram.org/node/2008. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- ISBN 935165060X
- "Naadi Predictions eBook: Shashikant Oak: Amazon.in: Kindle Store". amazon.in. https://www.amazon.in/Naadi-Predictions-Shashikant-Oak-ebook/dp/B00IJ1EWXI/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1404719046&sr=1-1&keywords=Shashikant+Oak. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "नाडी ग्रंथ भविष्य". scribd.com. https://www.scribd.com/doc/9915903/%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A1%E0%A5%80-%E0%A4%97-%E0%A4%B0%E0%A4%82%E0%A4%A5-%E0%A4%AD%E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%BF%E0%A4%B7-%E0%A4%AF. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "मिसळपाव | Marathi People Marathi Forum in Marathi Language! मराठी अंतरंग - मराठी अभिव्यक्ती.. !". misalpav.com. http://www.misalpav.com. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "mr.upakram.org | मराठी लेख, चर्चा, समुदाय | Marathi articles, discussions, communities". mr.upakram.org. http://mr.upakram.org. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "Marathi footsteps around the world" (in Marathi). maayboli.com. http://www.maayboli.com/. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "BookGanga - Creation | Publication | Distribution". bookganga.com. http://www.bookganga.com/eBooks/Books?BookSearchTags=Shashikant+Oak&BookType=1. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "All Categories - Buy All Categories Online at Best Prices In India | Flipkart.com". flipkart.com. http://www.flipkart.com/search?q=Shashikant+Oak&as=off&as-show=on&otracker=start. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- "स्व- लेखनाचे अनुभव Experiences of Autowriting - स्वलेखनाची कला आणि अनुभव". 750372157375013094.weebly.com. http://750372157375013094.weebly.com/. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- Official YouTube Channel
- Website dedicated to the Nadi astrology
- "Naadi Predictions - Prophecics - Astrology, Occult and vastu - Diamond Books book magazine". diamondbook.in. http://www.diamondbook.in/books/astrology-occult-and-vastu/prophecics/naadi-predictions-english-pb.html. Retrieved 2014-10-05.
- Template:Dead link Marathi blog to the Nadi astrology
- "TIGblogs – Shashikant Oak". shashioak.tigblog.org. http://shashioak.tigblog.org/. Retrieved 2014-10-05.