- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on September 22 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Silvair,_Inc.. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Silvair,_Inc., the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Silvair,_Inc..
The company has been a member of the Mesh Working Group at Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) since 2015 and on Template:Start date, it became the world’s first provider of a Bluetooth mesh stack that is qualified by the Bluetooth SIG.
Silvair Inc. (previously known as Seed Labs Inc.) was founded in Template:Start date. The company’s initial goal was to deliver proprietary software and hardware solutions used primarily in smart home applications. In the process of creating its products, an idea emerged for the company to create a Bluetooth-based wireless control system. As a result, in January 2014, it joined the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (Bluetooth SIG), the organization that oversees the development of Bluetooth standards.
At the beginning of 2015, the company decided to make smart lighting its focal point. The objective was to use the knowledge gained in the previous endeavors and create a solution that would overcome the limitations of other wireless lighting control technologies. As a consequence, development of smart home products has been stopped and work on own wireless commercial lighting control software based on the Bluetooth mesh technology have begun.
In the second half of 2015, Silvair was already in the process of developing a Bluetooth mesh proprietary software for smart lighting applications. Recognizing the potential of Bluetooth’s capabilities, the company decided to get involved in the process of creating the Bluetooth mesh standard. Company joined the Mesh Working Group, a newly established subdivision of the Bluetooth SIG.
In 2016, Simon Slupik, company's CTO, became the Chair of the Mesh Working Group. Company was co-creating the Bluetooth mesh specification with other technology companies for nearly three years.
Bluetooth mesh standard has been officially introduced Template:Fdate. On the same day, Silvair submitted its own Bluetooth mesh technology implementation to the Bluetooth SIG’s qualification process and became the world’s first provider of an officially qualified Bluetooth mesh technology. In 2017/2018, company presented lighting devices (sensors, LED drivers, fixture controllers, switches etc.) enabled with its technology.
Company delivers following products:
- Silvair Lighting Firmware - a qualified Bluetooth mesh stack implementation designed to be directly integrated into components (sensors, LED drivers, fixture controllers, switches etc.) made by lighting manufacturers.
- Silvair Commissioning - a set of tools for commissioning of wireless lighting infrastructures.
- "Seed Module - Listing Details". 2014-12-15. https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/18762.
- "Mesh Profile Stack for nRF52832 - Listing Details". 2017-07-18. https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/20708.
- Biggs, John (2015-04-15). "Home Automation System Seed Labs Launches Silvair Control To Make Your Lightbulbs Smart" (in en-US). TechCrunch. https://techcrunch.com/2015/04/15/home-automation-system-seed-labs-launches-silvair-control-to-make-your-lightbulbs-smart/.
- "Member directory | Bluetooth.com". https://www.bluetooth.com/develop-with-bluetooth/join/member-directory?q=silvair.
- "Silvair smart lighting platform at AGL head office in Melbourne". 2016-03-16. https://silvair.com/en/blog/silvair-smart-lighting-platform-agl-head-office-melbourne/.
- "Slupik Dr., Szymon – LED professional Symposium +Expo (LpS)" (in en-US). https://www.led-professional-symposium.com/speaker/szymon-slupik-cto-silvair.
- "Mesh Profile Bluetooth® Specification". 2017-07-13. pp. 2, 3. https://www.bluetooth.org/docman/handlers/downloaddoc.ashx?doc_id=429633.
- Reid, Cameron (2016-09-15). "Embracing energy efficient workplaces" (in en). https://thehub.agl.com.au/articles/2016/09/embracing-energy-efficient-workplaces.
- "Introducing Bluetooth Mesh Networking | Bluetooth Technology Website". https://blog.bluetooth.com/introducing-bluetooth-mesh-networking.
- H., Evangeline (2018-03-08). "Silvair Partners with Sylvania to Deliver Lighting Control Solutions Based on Bluetooth Mesh - LEDinside" (in english). https://www.ledinside.com/news/2018/3/silvair_partners_with_sylvania_to_deliver_lighting_control_solutions_based_on_bluetooth_mesh.
- Murata, Tsuneo (2018-03-06). "Murata and Silvair deliver fixture-integrated sensors with Bluetooth® mesh connectivity | Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd." (in en). https://www.murata.com/about/newsroom/news/product/wireless/2018/0306.
- Wright, Maury (2017-05-30). "EnOcean and Silvair partner on controls for Bluetooth-connected LED lighting - SET Ventures" (in en-GB). SET Ventures. http://www.setventures.com/enocean-and-silvair-partner-on-controls-for-bluetooth-connected-led-lighting/.
- "Mesh Model Stack for nRF52832 - Listing Details". 2017-07-26. https://launchstudio.bluetooth.com/ListingDetails/18763.
- Luger, Siegfried (2018-03-07). "Silvair Joins Forces with Manufacturers to Enter the Lighting Ecosystem Driven by Bluetooth Mesh — LED professional - LED Lighting Technology, Application Magazine" (in en). https://www.led-professional.com/business/company-information/silvair-joins-forces-with-manufacturers-to-enter-the-lighting-ecosystem-driven-by-bluetooth-mesh.
- Rzadkosz, Simon (2018-07-30). "Commissioning connected lighting networks: Theory and practice, challenges and opportunities (MAGAZINE)". https://www.ledsmagazine.com/articles/print/volume-15/issue-6/features/smart-lighting/commissioning-connected-lighting-networks-theory-and-practice-challenges-and-opportunities.html.