- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on December 24 2013. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Solestruck. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Solestruck, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Solestruck.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2008)
Solestruck is an American e-commerce company based in Portland, Oregon. Founded in 2004, the company sells shoes from over 70 brands, including Jeffrey Campbell, ALL CAPS, Matiko, United Nude, Senso, and other designer brands. The Solestruck site is popular with a mainly female, fashion-conscious audience.
The company was founded in 2004 and in December 2007, Solestruck launched a campaign to encourage customers to "give the gift of shoes". Including donation forms with each order and also offering them online, the company offered customers a 5% discount for each pair of shoes donated, up to 15% total. Benefiting charities included the National Relief Charities and Soles4Souls. In 2009, the company opened a what was to be a temporary brick and mortar store in Portland, Oregon, its first physical retail store. The company decided to keep the location open longer in March 2010.
Solestruck opened their flagship retail store in SW Portland in October, 2011. The Grand Opening celebration was previewed and reviewed in the Portland Mercury, a weekly news, arts, and entertainment publication in Portland, Oregon.
In the news
- Solestruck's Flagship store grand opening was featured in the Portland Mercury in October 2011.
- Solestruck was featured in Portland Picks, a weekly online newsletter offering opinions and recommendations of Oregon businesses, on 16 June 2006.
- Solestruck was featured as one of Lucky Magazine's "Web Shopping Picks of the Week" for the week of October 9–15.
- Apalategui, Eric (November 4, 2009). "Temporary stores popping up amid tough retail leasing market". The Oregonian. http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2009/11/temporary_stores_popping_up_am.html. Retrieved 2009-11-05.
- Solestruck Summary at Quantcast.com
- Solestruck “Save Your Soles” Program, Sneaker Obsession.
- Gunderson, Laura (March 24, 2010). "Solestruck celebrates staying in The Pearl". The Oregonian. http://blog.oregonlive.com/windowshop/2010/03/solestruck_celebrates_staying.html. Retrieved 25 March 2010.
- , Portland Mercury
- Find Your Sole Mate, PortlandPicks.com
- Web Guide, Luckymag.com