- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 16 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Splashgear. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Splashgear, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Splashgear.
Original short description: "Swimwear designer"
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
Splashgear is a US swimwear designer and retailer based in Huntington Beach, California. The company was founded and is run by Shereen Sabet, scuba diver and former microbiologist.
In 2018, a Splashgear blue burkini swimsuit was part of the “Contemporary Muslim Fashions” exhibition organized by the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco at the de Young Museum.   In 2019, the exhibition was presented at the Museum of Applied Art in Frankfurt. In 2020, the exhibition is displayed at the Cooper-Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum in New York.
- "Marine Modesty From Surf City's Splashgear". WOWSA. 2014-02-23. http://openwaterswimming.com/2014/02/marine-modesty-from-surf-citys. Retrieved 2020-03-10. Template:Dead link
- "Fun in the sun — with moderation". StarTribune. 2008-08-21. http://www.startribune.com/fun-in-the-sun-with-moderation/27179604/. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "6 Lessons from the modest swimwear brand that made waves in the US for a decade". My Salaam. 2018-11-14. https://www.mysalaam.com/en/story/6-lessons-from-the-modest-swimwear-brand-that-made-waves-in-the-us-for-a-decade/SALAAM14112018043817. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Meditating Faith and Style: Museums Awake to Muslim Fashions". The New York Times. 2018-09-25. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/arts/design/de-young-museum-contemporary-muslim-fashions.html. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Muslimische Mode ist viel mehr als Burka und Nikab". Neue Zürcher Zeitung. 2018-10-10. https://www.nzz.ch/feuilleton/muslimische-mode-in-rebellion-ld.1426880. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "At long last, Muslim high fashion catapults into the mainstream". Religious News. 2018-10-05. https://religionnews.com/2018/10/05/de-young-museum-muslim-high-fashion-catapults-mainstream. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Modesty Requirements". The Bay Area Reporter. 2018-09-26. https://www.ebar.com/arts_&_culture/art//265886. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Contemporary Muslim Fashions take the spotlight at San Francisco's de Young Museum". dezeen. 2018-10-01. https://www.dezeen.com/2018/10/01/contemporary-muslim-fashions-exhibition-de-young-museum-san-francisco/. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Modeschau im Frankfurter MAK macht muslimische Lebens- und Modearten erfahrbar". Frankfurter Rundschau. 2019-04-15. https://www.fr.de/kultur/contemporary-muslim-fashions-punk-islam-12190632.html. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Diese Ausstellung im MAK wird scharf kritisiert". Frankfurter Neue Presse. 2019-03-13. https://www.fnp.de/frankfurt/frankfurthessen-ausstellung-wird-scharf-kritisiert-11847929.html. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Cooper-Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Plans 'Contemporary Muslim Fashions' Show". WWD. 2020-01-27. https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/cooper-hewitt-smithsonian-design-museum-plans-contemporary-muslim-fashions-show-1203454270/. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- Fitzpatrick, Laura (2007-07-19). "The New Swimsuit Issue". Time (TIME Magazine). http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1645145,00.html. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Modesty becomes them". Chicago Sun-Times. 2007-05-28. https://www.pressreader.com/usa/chicago-sun-times/20070528/282398394989864. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Wrapped up in style". Los Angeles Times. 2010-06-06. https://web.archive.org/web/20100725050156/http://www.latimes.com/features/image/la-ig-hijab-20100606,0,2920411,full.story. Retrieved 2020-03-10.
- "Full-coverage swimwear helps religiously devout have fun in the sun". Orange County Register. 2008-08-06. https://www.ocregister.com/2008/08/06/full-coverage-swimwear-helps-religiously-devout-have-fun-in-the-sun/. Retrieved 2020-03-10.