Thomas A. Russo
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 23 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Thomas_A._Russo. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Thomas_A._Russo, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Thomas_A._Russo.
- This article needs additional references for verification. Please help by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material will not be challenged and removed. (July 2017)
Thomas A. Russo Born
Staten Island, NY
Alma mater Fordham University (B.A.)
Cornell University (J.D., M.B.A.)
Occupation Lawyer Employer AIG
Thomas A. Russo was executive vice president and general counsel of American International Group, Inc., from February 2010 until his retirement in November 2016. Prior to joining AIG, Russo was senior counsel at Patton Boggs LLP. Russo was also an Adjunct Professor at the Columbia University Graduate School of Business.
Russo was born in Staten Island, New York, in 1943. He attended Xavier High School in Manhattan, a private Jesuit preparatory school. He received his J.D. and MBA degrees from Cornell University and his B.A from Fordham University.
Before joining American International Group, Inc., Russo was senior counsel at Patton Boggs. Prior to Patton Boggs, Russo served as vice chairman of Lehman Brothers and chief legal officer of Lehman Brothers Holdings.
- Professor Thomas A. Russo. Credit Crisis: As Seen through Different Lenses, Selected Readings compiled for 2009 Graduate Class (B9301-118) of Columbia Business School.
- Thomas A. Russo. "Risk Management", ALI-ABA Business Law Course Material Journal, February, 2007.
- Thomas A. Russo. “Corporate Governance as a Risk Matter”, ALI-ABA Course of Study Materials: Broker-Dealer Regulation, January 13–14, 2007.
- Thomas A. Russo. “Remarks on the Legal Risks of Derivatives”, Risk Management: The State of the Art, The NYU Salomon Center Series on Financial Markets and Institutes, Volume 8; edited by Stephen Figlewski and Richard M. Levich; Kluwer Academic Publishers; 2002.
- Thomas A. Russo and Marlisa Vinciguerra. "Developments in United States Derivatives Regulation", The Handbook of Equity Derivatives, 1995.
- Thomas A. Russo and Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft. "How Equity Derivatives are Regulated (Parts 1 and 2)", ALI-ABA Course Materials Journal, (Volume 18, August 1993, No. 1; Volume 18, October 1993, No. 2).
- Thomas A. Russo and Sheila G. Jennings. "Issues Relating to Hybrid Products", ALI-ABA Course of Study: Broker-Dealer Regulation (January 10–11, 1991).
- Thomas A. Russo and David S. Mitchell. "Commodity Price Exposure Management", Handbook of Currency and Interest Rate Risk Management, New York Institute of Finance, New York, New York (1990); Chapter 40.
- Thomas A. Russo and David C. Worley. Professionals, Securities Guaranteed by Insurance Policies, Margin, When-Issued Trading and Other Issues", Corporate Law and Practice, Course Handbook Series, Number 555 (1987).
- Thomas A. Russo. "Regulation of Commodity Trading Professionals", Commodities and Futures Trading 1976 (Practising Law Institute, 1976).
- Thomas A. Russo. "Risk and Riskless Arbitrage in Exchange and Tender Offers", Securities Regulation at page 1173 (Prentice-Hall 1973).
- The 2008 Financial Crisis and Its Aftermath: Addressing the Next Debt Challenge (co-author) (Group of Thirty, 2011)
- Credit Crunch: Where Do We Stand? (author) (Group of Thirty, 2008)
- Regulation of Brokers, Dealers and Securities Markets (contributor) (Warren, Gorham & Lamont, 1977) - ISBN 978-0-88262-133-3
- Regulation of the Commodities Futures and Options Markets (contributor)(Shepard's/McGraw-Hill, 1983) - ISBN 978-0-07-054348-5
- "Patton Boggs Lands Top Financial Lawyer". PR Newsire. April 9, 2009. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/patton-boggs-lands-top-financial-lawyer-61787257.html.
- "Esther F. Lardent Leadership in Pro Bono Series | Pro Bono Institute" (in en-US). http://www.probonoinst.org/events/esther-f-lardent-leadership-in-pro-bono-series/.