William Edward Fraser
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 12 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:William_Edward_Fraser. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/William_Edward_Fraser, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/William_Edward_Fraser.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (February 2016)
William Edward “Bill” Fraser (born May 15, 1979) is a teacher at Schaumburg High School in Schaumburg, Illinois. He is running as an independent in Illinois's 8th congressional district for the United States House of Representatives.
Early life and education
Fraser was born May 15, 1979 in Arlington Heights, Illinois. He grew up in Schaumburg, Illinois and Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Fraser attended Hoffman Estates High School and graduated in 1997. He earned a bachelor’s degree in biology at Illinois State University in 2001 and a Master of Arts in Teaching at National Louis University in 2006.
Campaign for Congress
Fraser announced his run as an independent in Illinois's 8th congressional district for the United States House of Representatives in October 2015. If elected, Fraser will call upon his district's constituency to hold a referendum any time he is required to vote on major legislation such as taxes or new laws. After each referendum is held, Fraser will vote according to its outcome every time, regardless of his own personal views or opinions. If elected, Fraser will also not keep the $174,000 annual salary earned by Members of Congress. Instead, he will use his salary to pay for official travel between his district and Washington, D.C., a reimbursable expense.
As an Independent, Fraser's petition period for signatures to place him on the General Election ballot begins March 29, 2016. Fraser needs 7,705-12,327 signatures from registered voters in Illinois's 8th congressional district to appear on the ballot.
- Inc., Founding Fathers for Fraser,. "Schaumburg High School Teacher Announces Run For Congress". http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/schaumburg-high-school-teacher-announces-run-for-congress-300163360.html.
- Inc., Founding Fathers for Fraser,. "Bill Fraser, Illinois High School Teacher, Will Run For Congress As Independent". http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bill-fraser-illinois-high-school-teacher-will-run-for-congress-as-independent-300166047.html.
- "MEET BILL". http://www.voteforfraser.com/meet-bill.html.
- Graham, Doug T. (2015-10-14). "Schaumburg teacher to run for Congress as an independent". http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151014/news/151019326/.
- Wickl, Carl; er. "Independent Bill Fraser Says He Will Return Power to the People in Illinois". http://ivn.us/2016/01/18/independent-bill-fraser-says-will-return-power-people-illinois/.
- "THE PLATFORM". http://www.voteforfraser.com/the-platform.html.