2014 East Ukraine crisis
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 15 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2014_East_Ukraine_crisis. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2014_East_Ukraine_crisis, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2014_East_Ukraine_crisis.
Template:Campaignbox Post-Soviet conflicts The East Ukraine crisis, also referred to as the uprising in eastern Ukraine, is an ongoing crisis which began on April 6, 2014, when protesters seized a number of government buildings in the East Ukraine, namely in the Donetsk, Lugansk, and Kharkov regions.
- April 6
- April 7
- April 8
- The Kharkiv RSA building is retaken by Ukrainian special forces.
- April 12
- April 13
- De-facto acting President of Ukraine Oleksander Turchinov in his address to the nation gives the protesters until 6 in the morning to disarm. If they don't, a "full-scale anti-terrorist operation" will be launched. Turchinov also states that Russia was behind the events and called on the West for help in "preventing a civil war".
- "BBC News - As it happened East Ukraine crisis". BBC News. 2014-04-15. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27008054.
- "WRAPUP 8-Separatists tighten grip on east Ukraine, EU agrees more sanctions on Moscow". Reuters. 2014-04-14. http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/14/ukraine-crisis-idUSL6N0N614A20140414.
- "Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia forces lay siege to official buildings in east – live". The Guardian. 2014-04-14. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/14/ukraine-deadline-withdraw-cities-approaches.
- "Pro-Russian protesters seize govt buildings in Ukraine's Donetsk, Lugansk and Kharkov". Russia Today. 2014-04-06. http://rt.com/news/ukraine-donetsk-protest-russia-733.
- "В Луганске митингующие захватили здание Службы безопасности Украины". Komsomolskaya Pravda. 2014-04-06. http://www.kp.ru/online/news/1704083/.
- "Pro-Russia activists declare establishment of "Kharkiv people’s republic"". Focus Information Agency. 2014-04-07. http://www.focus-fen.net/news/2014/04/07/332351/pro-russia-activists-declare-establishment-of-kharkiv-peoples-republic.html.
- Template:Cite ref
- "Armed pro-Russian extremists launch coordinated attacks in Donetsk Oblast, seize regional police headquarters, set up checkpoints (UPDATE)". Kyiv Post. 2014-04-12. http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/armed-pro-russian-extremists-seize-police-stations-in-donetsks-slavyansk-shaktarysk-fail-to-take-donetsk-prosecutors-office-343195.html.
- "Ukraine gives separatists deadline to disarm". RTÉ News. 2014-04-13. http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0413/608567-ukraine/.