2017 Avignon shooting
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 20 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2017_Avignon_shooting. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2017_Avignon_shooting, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2017_Avignon_shooting.
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (July 2017)
Two hooded gunmen arrived in a Renault Clio at the Arrahma mosque in Avignon at 22:30 CEST as worshippers were leaving the mosque. The gunmen opened fire with one carring a shotgun and another a pistol. The gunmen were able to injure four people at the scene while a family of four in a nearby apartment received sharpnel wounds. A seven year old girl were among those injured.
The authorities ruled out the possibility the attack was hate-related or a terrorist attack. An eyewitness claimed a 40 year old worshipper was targeted.
- "Avignon shooting: Eight injured near French mosque" (in en-GB). BBC News. 2017-07-03. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40476825.
- "Eight injured as gunmen leap from vehicle and open fire on crowd near mosque in France" (in en-GB). The Sun. 2017-07-03. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3932453/mosque-shooting-france-avignon-latest-security/.
- "Avignon: Shooting outside France mosque injures 8" (in en-US). Fox News. 2017-07-02. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/02/avignon-shooting-outside-france-mosque-injures-8.html.
- "Gunmen open fire outside Avignon mosque in France, eight injured" (in en-GB). The Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/02/gunmen-open-fire-outside-avignon-mosque-france-eight-injured/.
- Clarke, Hilary. "Shooting near French mosque not terrorism-related". http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/europe/france-shooting-avignon/index.html.