2020 novel bunyavirus outbreak
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 6 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:2020_novel_bunyavirus_outbreak. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2020_novel_bunyavirus_outbreak, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/2020_novel_bunyavirus_outbreak.
The 2020 SFTS virus outbreak refers to reports of an ongoing outbreak of severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome (SFTS) in East China Template:Medical citation needed span The outbreak has so far infected 60 people and killed 7.
According to infectious disease expert Sheng Jifang, early symptoms of infection include fatigue, fever and sometimes a rash. The virus is a tick-borne disease, but can also spread person to person "via blood or mucous".
SFTS virus was first discovered in rural areas in China in 2009.
The outbreak was believed to begin in April 2020. In East China's Jiangsu Province, over 37 people had contracted the virus. In Anhui, there were 23 cases and 5 deaths. As of 5 August, there is a total of 60 confirmed cases with 7 deaths.
- Haberler, Dis (2020-08-06). "Çin'de şimdi de 'bunyavirüs' alarmı: 7 kişi hayatını kaybetti" (in tr). CNN Türk. https://www.cnnturk.com/dunya/cinde-simdi-de-bunyavirus-alarmi-7-kisi-hayatini-kaybetti.
- PTI (6 August 2020). "Seven dead, 60 infected by new infectious disease in China: Report". The Indian Express. https://indianexpress.com/article/world/china-tick-borne-virus-6541829/.
- "Sixty infected, seven dead as new tick-borne virus spreads across East China". Tech2. 2020-08-06. https://www.firstpost.com/tech/science/sixty-infected-seven-dead-new-tick-borne-virus-spreads-across-east-china-8677501.html.
- Chen, Shasha (2020-08-05). "Novel bunya virus infection caused by tick bites can pass from person to person". globaltimes.cn. https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1196864.shtml.
- Cheng, Ching-Tse (2020-08-05). "Novel bunyavirus re-emerges in China, kills seven". Taiwan News. https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3980960.
- Yu, Xue-Jie; Liang, Mi-Fang; Zhang, Shou-Yin; Liu, Yan; Li, Jian-Dong; Sun, Yu-Lan; Zhang, Lihong; Zhang, Quan-Fu et al. (2011-04-21). "Fever with Thrombocytopenia Associated with a Novel Bunyavirus in China". The New England journal of medicine 364 (16): 1523–1532. Template:Citation error. ISSN 0028-4793. PMC 3113718. PMID 21410387. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3113718/.
- Desk, News (6 August 2020). "New Virus Alert: 7 Dead, 60 Infected in China, Tick Bite is Transmission Route". India.com. https://www.india.com/news/world/new-virus-alert-7-dead-60-infected-in-china-tick-bite-is-transmission-route-4103624/.
- PTI (5 August 2020). "New Virus KIlls Seven In China, Infects 60: Report". Outlook India. https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/world-news-new-virus-kills-seven-in-china-infects-60-report/358054.