- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 20 2019. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Anant_Bhardwaj. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anant_Bhardwaj, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anant_Bhardwaj.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology |
|Occupation||Computer Scientist, Software Engineer, Internet entrepreneur|
Anant Bhardwaj is an Indian computer scientist, software engineer, and Internet entrepreneur. He founded Instabase in 2015 and currently serves as its CEO. On Oct 21, 2019, Bloomberg reported that Instabase has raised a $105 million in Series B which valued the company at over $1 billion.
Anant Bhardwaj was born and raised in India. Originally from Bihar, a rural state in eastern India, he did his undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering at the University of Pune. He moved to the United States in 2010 to attend Stanford University where he earned a Masters in Computer Science. In 2012, he went to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to pursue a Ph.D. where he was co-advised by Sam Madden and David Karger.
Bhardwaj started working on a project called DataHub (a research idea behind Instabase) while studying for a Ph.D. at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory. A professor introduced him to New Enterprise Associates venture capitalist Pete Sonsini who in turn introduced him to Greylock Partners’ Jerry Chen. Bhardwaj dropped out of the Ph.D. program in 2015 to work on Instabase full time after the VCs invested $3.75 million in the company. Two years later in 2017, the startup took its first large investment round, $23.2 million, from Martin Casado of Andreessen Horowitz. In Oct 2019, Instabase announced that it has raised a Series B of $105 million which valued the company at over $1 billion. In this announcement, for the first time Anant Bhardwaj publicly disclosed the details of what the company does and who are its customers.
- McBride, Sarah (Oct 21, 2019). "Instabase Achieves Unicorn Status and Finally Explains What It Does". https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-21/instabase-achieves-unicorn-status-and-finally-explains-what-it-does. Retrieved Oct 21, 2019.
- "The Business Model Behind Silicon Valley's Newest Unicorn". Oct 21, 2019. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2019-10-21/the-business-model-behind-silicon-valley-s-newest-unicorn-video. Retrieved Oct 21, 2019.
- "With Instabase, Anant Bhardwaj gives US a brand-new Unicorn". Oct 21, 2019. https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/newsbuzz/with-instabase-anant-bhardwaj-gives-us-a-brand-new-unicorn/articleshow/71698424.cms. Retrieved Oct 21, 2019.
- "Anant Bhardwaj". http://people.csail.mit.edu/anantb/. Retrieved September 4, 2017.
- "DataHub". http://datahub.csail.mit.edu. Retrieved Dec 7, 2018.
- Novet, Jordan (June 14, 2017). "VC firm Andreessen Horowitz explains why it led a $23 million round in a social network for data". https://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/14/andreessen-horowitz-leads-23-million-round-in-instabase.html. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Hay, Timothy (August 31, 2015). "Instabase Stockpiles $3.7M for Hiring". https://www.wsj.com/articles/DJFVW00120150831eb8vati2m. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- Mary Ann, Azevedo (Oct 21, 2019). "Instabase Raises Massive $105M Series B, Reaches Unicorn Status". Crunchbase. https://news.crunchbase.com/news/instabase-raises-massive-105m-series-b-reaches-unicorn-status/. Retrieved Oct 21, 2019.
- "Instabase Hits Unicorn Status on $105 Million Raise". Oct 21, 2019. https://cheddar.com/media/instabase-hits-unicorn-status-on-million-raise. Retrieved Oct 21, 2019.