- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on January 12 2020. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Andrew_Dold. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andrew_Dold, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andrew_Dold.
- Wikipedia editors had multiple issues with this page:
- The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. But, that doesn't mean someone has to… establish notability by citing reliable secondary sources that are independent of the topic and provide significant coverage of it beyond its mere trivial mention. (January 2020)
Andrew Dold (born 1969) is a contemporary artist and school teacher living in Ontario Canada.
Life and work
Although trained as a sculptor and painter, at the age of 32 he began to draw using coloured pencils for the first time. Between 2005 and 2006 he entered his first coloured pencil drawings in two separate international competitions held by the Coloured Pencil Society of America.Template:Failed verification His work was published in The Artist's Magazine as well as International Artist magazine due to winning both competitions. At this time he showed in the Gerald Peters gallery in New York.Template:Failed verification In 2007 Prismacolor approached Dold with a view to using his award-winning picture "All is not Lost" on their new line of watercolour pencil crayons, and later that year Prismatic introduced the product with Dold's picture on the tin.Template:Failed verification In 2007–2008 Andrew Dold's work was used by the Strathmore Hall to help promote an upcoming event of colored pencil works.Template:Failed verification
- Colored Pencil Society of America – CPSA Template:Webarchive
- "The Artist's Magazine". 22, No.8. August 2005.
- "International Artist". August–September 2005.
- "Gerald Peters Gallery | American Art & Sculpture | New York | Santa Fe". https://www.gpgallery.com/.
- "Colored Pencils - Prismacolor". https://www.prismacolor.com/colored-pencils.
- "STRATHMORE HALL FOUNDATION, INC. FY2008 ANNUAL REPORT" (pdf). Archived from the original on 8 March 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120308165254/http://www.strathmore.org/media/pdf/FY2008%20Annual%20Report.pdf. Retrieved 4 June 2013.